Nick Agnew English Acord
- leprosy is chronic infectious disease
- IT effects the skin, peripheral nerves, Mucosa of the upper respiratory and also the eyes.
- Those with leprosy were presented to priest and found guilty- creation of leper colonies.
- The disease is transmitted airborne and sharing bodily fluids
- The disease is diagnosed by multidrug therapy, antibiotics, physical exam and lab tests
- The disease is treated by combination of antibiotics and MDT (multidrug therapy) and there is no vaccine for leprosy today.
Leprosy Facts: Ancient Disease Still In Our Midst