RBBCSC Curriculum Corner
Our Corporation Goals
- All students will demonstrate growth in literacy (90% proficiency).
- All students will demonstrate growth in mathematical skills (90% proficiency).
- All faculty and staff will engage in a collaborative culture for improved student learning (PLC).
Corporation Key Focus Areas
- Develop and apply a Professional Learning Community structure.
- Develop a foundation for results-oriented continuous quality improvement across all departments and schools throughout the corporation.
- Provide each student access to a guaranteed and viable curriculum responsive to their individual learning needs.
Our Continued Work and Development as a PLC
Below are a few documents outlining our continued work in developing a solid PLC foundation throughout our corporation:
- Corporation PLC Structure: This document outlines the various committees involving a variety of stakeholders from throughout the corporation.
- PLC At Work Corporation Action Plan: The corporation has developed an action plan to guide its support of building level PLC work this school year. You may also view building PLC At Work Action Plans through the Corporation Action Plan.
Continuous Quality Improvement, Advanc-ED and School Improvement Planning
Our work to embed the AdvancED Standards into the school improvement process is timely as the DOE is now moving toward a school improvement process involving the ASSIST program (Adaptive System of School Improvement Support Tools™) through AdvancED. Our AdvancED accreditation is this coming April (2016), so building level Standards Committees are beginning to meet. Our first corporation level Standards Committees meeting will be September 17th from 12:00-3:00pm at EHS C115a.
Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum
- the identification of essential learning standards,
- the development of curriculum maps and common units of study,
- the development and application of common formative and summative assessments tied to essential standards and learning targets in each unit of study, and
- the development and ongoing refinement of responsive unit plans to address overarching instructional approaches in each unit of study.
Our engagement in this work will ensure our students are clear on the learning targets for which they are being held accountable. We need to be deliberate and intentional in our work with students to ensure success.
Below are a few the documents we are using to guide our work related to the development of curriculum, instruction and assessments:
- Instructional Focus: (What do we want students to learn? How will we know if they have learned it? How will we respond for those students who have learned and for those who have not?)
- Curriculum Design Sequence: Our curriculum design sequence is framed to answer the four guiding principles mentioned through our corporation's instructional focus. This document also provides resources to guide and support the work of our teams.
Closing Out 2014-2015 Evaluations
We received word from the DOE on August 5th that they plan to complete cut score setting in early October. After the State Board of Education approves the use of those cut scores, CTB/McGraw-Hill will need up to two months to prepare preliminary student results to be released to families and schools. Only after the preliminary student scores are reviewed by families can we begin to calculate accountability grades for schools. We do not expect to receive individual student results until late 2015 or early 2016. More information as it becomes available.
Our timeline for closing out last year's evaluations is below. While grades 4-8 teachers will be impacted by IGM data derived through ISTEP+ ELA and Math scores, all teachers will be impacted by their building's A-f accountability grade. We anticipate getting this information in early 2016. In the meantime, our administrative team will begin entering student learning measures into the Pivot evaluation platform. This will make the IGM and A-F grade entry process quick and easy once they have been released by the DOE.
Teacher Appraisal Plan
- Teacher Appraisal Plan FAQs
- Teacher Effectiveness Rubric
- Teacher Evaluation Guidance: Use of Artifacts (Coming soon!)
Pivot (Evaluation Software)
- Content Learning Goal Assessment Development Worksheet for Evaluator Review/Approval
- Special Education IEP Goals Sheet
- RBBCSC Testing Security Procedures and Expectations (view only)
- RBBCSC Pre-Observation Form (view only)
- RBBCSC Post-Observation Reflection Form (view only)
- RBBCSC Formal Plan of Assistance (view only)