Oakview's Latest News, Events, Activities, & Opportunities
5th Grade Transition to Middle School
As we prepare to receive our 3rd quarter progress reports, 5th grade students and parents are beginning to think about their transition to middle school. Middle schools have curriculum nights for students and parents to visit and learn more about the school. Our counselors have information on their webpages for you.
Here is a list of upcoming curriculum nights. Please visit the middle school website for more information.
- Beck Academy - Tuesday, February 19 @ 5:30 in the Beck Academy Cafeteria
- Riverside Middle - Thursday, February 21 @ 6:00 at Riverside Middle
- Mauldin Middle - Tuesday, February 12 @ 6:00-7:30 at Mauldin Middle
- Woodmont Middle - Tuesday, February 12 @ 6:00 at Woodmont Middle
- Rudolph Gordon Middle - Monday, February 11 @ 6:00-7:00 at Rudolph Gordon Middle
- Northwood Middle - Monday, February 11 @ 6:00 at Northwood Middle
Parents, there are many resources available for you and your child. Here is just one to help you get started on this amazing journey with your student!
Phillip Reavis, Ph.D
EXTENDED DEADLINE: Yearbooks for Sale!
Last Day to Purchase is February 15th! No additional yearbooks will be available in the office for purchase.
Not sure if you've bought a yearbook? Login to Josten's website to check!
Calling all Scientists!
- 3rd grade-individual projects
- 4th grade- individual or group projects
- 5th grade-- individual or group projects
(Groups may contain 2-4 members from the same grade level.)
Excited?!? Find more information here! Projects are due March 5th and will be showcased at our BREAKOUT night on March 7th.
Read Across America Bookmark Contest ends this Thursday!
All artwork must be 100% original (no clipart, collages, digital art, or copying others). It can be in color or black & white.
The winning bookmark will be printed and distributed to all of our students. Thank you for promoting healthy reading habits!
The Owlet-- Oakview's Student-led News Report
BREAKOUT Night Coming to Oakview!
Join us on Thursday, March 7th, 4:45 to 6:45 to see if YOU can breakout of Oakview!
Week of February 11
- Children's Book Donation drive-- All Week
- Monday, February 11: SIC Meeting @ 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, February 13: 3rd Quarter Interim Progress Reports
Week of February 18
- Monday, February 18: NO SCHOOL-President's Day
- Thursday, February 21: Marble Slab Creamery PTA Spirit Night
- February 21-22: 3rd Grade SC in Review Play
Oakview's Lunch Menu can be found here
Children's Book Drive
This year's Book Drive recipient is YouthBASE. YouthBASE is a unique Afterschool and Summer program designed to equip K5-2nd grade children with the skills and abilities to overcome Behavioral, Academic, Social and Emotional difficulties so they may succeed at school, home, and in the community.
IMPORTANT--Your Lowe's Foods Card needs to be relinked!
2019-2020 PTA Positions Available
Each year, the PTA Nominating Committee works diligently to fill our PTA Board with hard-working and dedicated parents! And we would love to get everyone in the school plugged in somewhere to serve! So whether you have just a few minutes each month or an open schedule, please consider serving on the 2019-2020 PTA Board. Click here to tell us what your talents and interests are!
Spirit Night @ Chick-fil-A
Spirit Night @ Marble Slab Creamery