Blue Devil Blast
Volume I, Issue 17 - December 3, 2021
Dr. Looney's Message
Shout out to all of your students who participated in our Orchestra concert, Chorus concert, and basketball games this week! Band, Theatre Arts, and more basketball are coming up this week. Thank you parents for supporting your children and these programs.
It's Friday, we have two more weeks of school. These next two weeks are critical. Help your child stay organized and makeup missing grades. Check the tutoring schedules on the website for more help.
We are thankful for your kids and how special they are during this holiday season. Reach out if we can help.
Dress festive! Think red and green! Think Christmas or Hanukkah, or Kwaanza! Just get festive!
Friday, December 10
4:30 - 6:00 pm
Sponsored by the PTA
Tickets cost $5 - pay at the door ONLY
All attendees must have a SIGNED permission slip from a parent (guardian)
We need parent volunteers to supervise and manage crowds! If you are interested contact our PTA leadership!
The Coming Month
- December 4 - Basketball vs. Lilburn
- December 6 - Basketball @ Jones
- December 7 - School Council Meeting
- December 7 - Band Winter Concert
- December 9 - Basketball vs. Duluth
- December 9 - Midfest @ UGA (select band students)
- December 10 - PTA Sponsored Holiday Dance
- December 11 - Basketball vs. Twin Rivers
- December 13 - Basketball @ Radloff
- December 14 - Theatre Arts Performance
- December 16 - Basketball vs. Osborne
- December 17 - Last Day o' School: First Semester
- December 20 - January 5 - Winter Break
- January 6 - First Day o' School: Second Semester
Grade Level News You Can Use
- As we close out the semester, please check your children's grades to see if there are any missing assignments. Let's finish the semester STRONG!
- If your child needs a Math Boost in their grade, come to school on Saturday, December 11th! Students in attendance will receive extra points on their math grades
Mr. Lenie George
6th Grade Assistant Principal
Mrs. Pam Griswell
6th Grade Counselor
We are preparing for final exams. Encourage your students to look over their notes for the entire semester and review them all, so that they are ready to pass them all. Let's show what we know!
Mr. Stacy James
7th Grade Assistant Principal
Mrs. Yunilda Valdez
7th Grade Counselor
We are preparing for final exams and finalizing high school selection for next year.
An overview of the high school selection process is available online at https://bit.ly/NorcrossClusterHS22. Please review this information and make your selection.
Mrs. Christy Gray
8th Grade Assistant Principal
Mrs. Robin Blackwell
8th Grade Counselor
Mrs. Kimberly Blackshear
Gear Up/ Special Education Counselor
Khan Academy 60% in December!
We are giving incentives out each month. We also have a Khan Saturday Program - ask your math teacher to join!
Cell Phone Policy
While students are on campus, cell phones are not to be powered on, are not to be visible, and are not to be in the hands of the student. We have phones in various places throughout the building that we can use to reach out and contact you should there be a need to inform you of anything throughout the day. Please help us as we prevent many of the issues that student cell phones could cause.
Athletics & Clubs
December 4: Home - Lilburn Middle
December 6: Away - Jones Middle (Mill Creek High)
December 9: Home - Duluth Middle
December 11: Home - Twin Rivers Middle
December 13: Away - Radloff Middle (Meadowcreek High)
December 16: Home - Osborne Middle
January 8: Home - Northbrook Middle
January 10: Away - Lanier Middle (Lanier High)**
January 13: Home - Hull Middle
January 15: Away - Creekland Middle (Collins Hill High)
January 19: Away - Dacula Middle (Dacula High)
Tickets are $4.00, cash at the gate
Digital Tickets are $5.00
(available on https://gofan.co/search as the date approaches)
**January 10 game at Lanier is only accepting GoFan for payments. They will NOT accept cash at the gate.