BOARD OF EDUCATION FRIDAY REPORT
April 8, 2016 - Park Hill School District
Apr 09 - 11:00 am - Northland Ethnic Festival (PHS)
Apr 12 - 4:15 pm - Policy Committee
Apr 12 - 7:00 pm - Board Reorganizational Meeting
Apr 19 - 10:00 am - MSBA School Board Advocacy Network Event (Jefferson City)
Apr 20 - 5:30 pm - Professional Studies' Business Partner Celebration (PHS)
Apr 21 - 9:30 am - District Council PTA
Apr 25 - 7:15 am - Board Officer Agenda Review
Apr 27 - 5:30 pm - NRCC Excellence in Education Banquet
April 28 - 6:00 pm - Closed Session re Personnel
Apr 28 - 7:00 pm - Regular Board Meeting
Apr 29 - 7:30 am - Northland Community Foundation Breakfast (Harrah's)
Apr 30 - 12:00-7:00 pm - District Art Festival (PHHS)
May 01 - 12:00-5:00 pm - District Art Festival (PHHS)
May 03 - 7:30 am - Teacher/Staff Appreciation Day (more info to come)
May 03 - 5:45 pm - MSBA Region 4 Spring Meeting (Independence)
May 05 - 5:30 pm - District Service Awards Banquet (Hilton KCI)
May 07 - 7:15 am - Board Officer Agenda Review
May 10 - 4:15 pm - Policy Committee Meeting
May 12 - 7:00 pm - Regular Board Meeting
May 22 - 1:00 pm - PHS Graduation (Community of Christ)
May 22 - 5:30 pm - PHHS Graduation (Municipal Auditorium)
May 23 - 7:15 am - Board Officer Agenda Review
May 26 - 7:00 pm - Regular Board Meeting
School-Community-Professional Events (Apr 4-8) (Dr. Cowherd)
District Leadership Team
Parkville Economic Development Council
Blue Valley CAPS Program Visit
Park Hill Star Awards
Platte County Economic Development Council CEO Lunch and Learn
School Visits (PHHS, Hawthorn, Union Chapel)
Board Reorganizational Meeting Information
This Tuesday, April 12th, the Board will hold it's Reorganizational meeting at 7:00 p.m. Attached are Board policies relevant to Board reorganization and MSBA Reorganization FAQ's. Thank you for reviewing prior to Tuesday's meeting.
- Mr. Lee, as current President, will preside over meeting until the election of the President.
- Dr. Cowherd, will assume the role as temporary chairperson, and conduct the election of the President and Vice-President.
- Newly elected President, will preside over the remainder of the meeting.
With regard to the election of Board Officers and the MSBA Delegate and Alternate, the temporary chairperson (for President and Vice-President) or newly elected President (for Treasurer and MSBA Delegate and Alternate) will:
- Call for nominations (nominees can decline - nominations do not have to be seconded).
- Cease nominations.
- Call for a vote on the nominees in the order nominated and if nominee receives a majority vote (4 votes) he or she is elected.
Mrs. Hibbs, Board Secretary, will swear in the newly elected members, Mrs. Newburger and Mr. Fane. Please know that Mr. Fane will be attending the meeting by conference call (due to a mandatory work meeting out of state) and will take his oath of office over the phone. Mr. Fane has signed the Oath of Office in advance of Tuesday's meeting.
The agenda for the April 12th meeting will go live to you on Friday, April 8th. Please note that in addition to the Reorganizational items you will also be asked to approve the following:
Consent Agenda Items:
- March Bills
- Food Service Point of Service and Management Software RFP (Second Read)
- Learning Management System (LMS) (Second Read)
- Online Employee Benefit Enrollment System (Second Read)
- No Board Officer Agenda Review on Monday, April 11th.
- No 6:15 p.m. reception for incoming/outgoing Board members on April 12th with both incumbents being re-elected.
Dr. Cowherd Attends EPFP Washington Policy Seminar April 13-16, 2016
Support Staff Update
The following listing of support personnel has occurred since 4-1-16:
- Tharp, Rachel - Teacher Assistant (English Landing) 4-1-16
- Wallace, Thai - Associate Teacher (Renner) 4-11-16
- Burns, William - Event Custodian (Underground) 4-11-16
- Mead, Larry - Head Custodian (District Office) 7-29-16