March 26, 2021
March 30 - Grades 3-5 Author Assembly @ 11:00
April 5-9 - Spring Break
April 7 - HSC Meeting @ 7pm
April 23: Spirit Day - We're Outta This World!
April 26 - May 1: Lietz Walk A Thon
Lietz HSC Walk-A-Thon: Get Ready to Shake, Rattle and Prowl!!
Resources to Address Violence Against Asian Americans
Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center: Kindness Heals
Activities, Videos, Resources for Classrooms and Families
Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers
National Association of School Psychologists
Office Hours - Thursday, 4/1 at Noon
Join me for office hours on Thursday, 4/1 at 12:00pm
Join Zoom Meeting https://unionsd.zoom.us/j/83528560364 Meeting ID: 835 2856 0364
Article of the Week - Our Kids Are Not Broken
Be Seen and Heard Assembly
We invite you to attend a virtual parent information night to learn more about the Be Seen and Heard© program. The presenter, Victor Pacini, will lead parents through an overview of the program and will be available to answer questions. This presentation is open to ALL Union Elementary School District parents/guardians.
Tuesday, March 30th (6:00 - 7pm)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 830 4914 1054
If you are unable to come to our parent night, you can watch a preview of the program, entitled “Peace of Mind,” at this website: www.victorpacini.com/peace-of-mind-2
Requests to Opt-out:As a parent/guardian, you have the right to determine whether your child attends the scheduled assemblies. If you DO NOT want your student to attend the Be Seen and Heard© assembly, please complete this BSAH Parent Opt-Out Form prior to the day of the assembly.
Important Safety Reminders
- Have your child exit from the passenger side of the car.
- Use the parking lot crosswalks when walking your students to the entry/exit points.
- Although there are folks lined up on the sidewalk, please remain on the sidewalk when walking to entry/exit point.
- Please be on time when picking up your child(ren). We are not able to have students wait in the office, and this becomes a supervision issue.
- If you are chatting with other folks after dropping off/picking up, please do so off campus to avoid gatherings.
- SLOW DOWN in the parking lot. Although it may seem empty, there are always people walking on/off campus.
#LietzPride Book Challenge
Don't forget about our reading challenge!
We challenge you to read 30, 40 or 50 books by the end of April! Use this document to keep track of the books you have read. When you're all done, color in the document and drop it off at the office! We will hang up your challenge submission on campus! This challenge includes digital books as well. We have printouts available in the office if you do not have a printer.
Can't wait to see all the titles you've read!