10. "Cite specific textual evidence to support analysis of primary and secondary sources/science and technical texts."
9. "Determine the central ideas of a text; provide an accurate summary of the text distinct from prior knowledge or opinions."
8. "Describe how a text presents information. . . including how the major sections contribute to the whole."
7. "Identify an author's point of view or purpose."
6. "Integrate visual information/technical information with other information in print and digital texts."
5. "Distinguish among fact, opinion, and reasoned judgment/speculation in a text."
4. "Write arguments on DISCIPLINE-SPECIFIC CONTENT."
3. "Write informative/explanatory texts, including the narration of historical events, scientific procedures/experiments, or technical processes."
2. "Develop and strengthen writing. . . . planning, revising, rewriting. . . .to use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing."
1. "Conduct short research projects. . . gather relevant information from multiple sources; use search terms effectively; assess the credibility and accuracy of each source and quote or paraphrase. . . while avoiding plagiarism and following a standard format for citation."
Don't be! Your friendly media specialist is just a call or click away! :)