August 31-September 4
This Week's News
Spelling/sight Words- Students took their first sight word reading and spelling test and letter assessment last Friday. Inside the blue homework folder you will find a sheet letting you know how well your child did on their assessments. Please work on any items that your child missed. Also, let me know if you have any questions!
Index cards- I apologize that index cards were not on the school supply list. Please send in one pack of index cards for your child to use to create their sight word flashcards. Thank you for your help!
APTT- Mark your calendar to join us on Sept. 15 from 5:30-7:00 pm. During this meeting you will learn about your child's performance on a particular standard and what you can do at home to help your child master the standard. Childcare will be provided. Please RSVP to let me know who will be attending to represent your child. You may RSVP using the APTT RSVP form button below or by returning the yellow form that was sent home today.
Scholastic Book Order- Last week a scholastic book club flyer was sent home. Check out the books for $1! Orders are due back by September 3rd. You may also order online by using the scholastic link below. Our class activation code is GXPMP. Thanks!
Highlight Order Form- Today I am sending home a highlight magazine order from in the agenda. Please sign and return the form even if you DO NOT order the magazine. We earn FREE materials for the classroom just by parents signing their name and checking NO!!
Dates to Remember
- DQ Spirit Night
- PTO, 4:00
- Monkey Joe's Night, 4-6
September 7th-No school Labor Day
September 8th- Hat Day
September 10th- Glasses Day
September 14th- Kindergarten Grandparent's Lunch at 10:30
September 16- Hat Day
September 18- PJ Day
This Week's Learning Goals
Sight Words: like, can, to
Math: Shapes-Identify and describe shapes (squares, circles, triangles, rectangles, hexagons, cubes, cones, cylinders, and spheres).
- MGSEK.G.1 Describe objects in the environment using names of shapes, and describe the relative positions of these objects using terms such as above, below, beside, in front of, behind, and next to.
- MGSEK.G.2 Correctly name shapes regardless of their orientations or overall size.
- MGSEK.G.3 Identify shapes as two-dimensional (lying in a plane, “flat”) or three-dimensional (“solid”).
- MGSEK.G. 4 Analyze and compare two- and three-dimensional shapes, in different sizes and orientations, using informal language to describe their similarities, differences, parts (e.g., number of sides and vertices/“corners”) and other attributes (e.g., having sides of equal length).
- MGSEK.G. 5 Model shapes in the world by building shapes from components (e.g., sticks and clay balls) and drawing shapes.
- MGSEK.G. 6 Compose simple shapes to form larger shapes. For example, “Can you join these two triangles with full sides touching to make a rectangle?”
Social Studies/Science/Health Unit: My Family and Me
The following Leaping Frogs could read all 3 sight words!
The following students could name all the 2D shapes last Friday...