Safety On The Internet
Making Sure Children Are Safe On The Internet At All Times!
Internet Safety Tips
1. Never post your personal information, such as a cell phone number, home number, home address, or your location on any social networking site or through apps like Snapchat, Instagram or WhatsApp.
2. Never meet in person with anyone you first “met” on the internet. If someone asks to meet you, tell your parents or guardian right away. Some people may not be who they say they are.
3. Never respond to mean or rude texts, messages, and e-mails. Delete any unwanted messages.
4. NEVER share your password with anyone.
5. If you wouldn’t say something to another person’s face, don’t text it or post it online.
6. Do not download or install software.
7. Use the privacy settings of social networking sites.
Snapchat is used for sharing photos, where you are and what you are doing.
Twitter is used for messaging other people, sending photos and posting tweets to the world.
Instagram is used for sharing photos with captions to other people on your friends list.