GRE Staff Newsletter
For the Week of October 15, 2018
Happy Sunday! I hope you found time to relax and recharge this weekend. Last week felt packed with learning and all kinds of other fun things. I have begun my formal observations and am blown away by all the awesomeness of our team! If you haven't been contacted by me to schedule your evaluation, then expect to hear from me closer to November. If you have something specific you want me to see, I would love to check it out!
This week we turn our attention to our second evening of Parent Teacher Conferences. These important meetings help build a supportive network for our students. If you need to brainstorm about a conference or would like me to attend, please make sure you let me know. PTO will again be sponsoring dinner the night of conferences. We will eat in the Art room at 5:20. See you there!
Here's to another great week at GRE!
News to Share
1. Shout out to Mary Wolf for being the first taker for our Future Driven Book Trail. I now have three copies of this book in my office. If you are interested in reading this, stop by and pick it up! My goal is for these books to trail around the school this year so that all staff members have read it by the end of the school year. Each staff member who finishes the book will have the opportunity to draw from my Staff Prize Bowl which includes some pretty rad prizes! Get excited to have your class covered for a period, get a free lunch, or even a chance at an Amazon gift card! Who will be the first to sign the book?
2. We will have our monthly PAC meeting this Tuesday. Click here to see the draft agenda and be sure to reach out to your PAC leader if you have something you need answered.
3. A reminder that we will have two drills this month. One will be an ALICE Evacuation Drill which will be preceded by a short staff refresher with Deputy Snyder. These are being held this Thursday, October 18th and have been added to the staff calendar. The second drill will be a Fire Drill on the 30th, also added to our staff calendar.
4. Our first Eagle Ed of the year is quickly approaching! It will be held on Tuesday, November 20th from 2:20-3:20. Begin brainstorming what awesome activity you might want to do! A couple small changes…
-The minimum number of students is 17 this year
-PTO is providing a budget of $1,000 for the first round of Eagle Ed, based on sessions Kate will distribute these funds, whatever is not used will be available for December Eagle Ed
-Each grade will have a day to sign up their class. You can choose which time, but remember first come, first serve! The grade that gets to sign up first will rotate each Eagle Ed.
EAGLE ED 1 Sign up:
Monday Nov. 12- 1st grade
Tuesday Nov. 13- 2nd grade
Wednesday Nov. 14- 3rd grade
Thursday Nov. 15- 4th grade
Friday Nov. 16- KG
Teacher ideas & sign up sheet links are due Friday Nov. 2nd! (Will be shared soon) New teachers, make sure to reach out to a teammate or Specials teacher to understand what this time is all about!
Be on the lookout for more information coming soon!
5. A new feature has been added to our FreshDesk. If you are filling out a tech ticket, check out Sammy the Eagle, first. He has many easy solutions to many of our tech issues. Thanks to the tech department for putting this in place.
PLC Weekly Challenge
Shout out to...
-2nd Grade for completing last week's Interactive Read Aloud Challenge. They each completed an Interactive Read Aloud planning form for a different book and shared them with each other at PLC time!
-Amy and Megan who invited Ginna or I to come in and either model an Interactive Read Aloud or get feedback on their own read aloud!
-Jen for having Ginna in to read "What Should Danny do?"
-Cassandra for sharing her Pepper and Po Interactive Read Aloud Planning form
This week's challenge is to stop by Ginna or Kate's office and grab a book that already has a completed Interactive Read Aloud form with it and give it a chance. There are fiction and non-fiction books to try!
If you complete this week's challenge you can earn a Casual Sticker! Be sure to capture your read aloud with a photo and send to Kate!
Week at a Glance
Tuesday, Oct. 16- C Day; Picture Retakes; 4th Grade Photo; PAC Meeting-we will meet in Trisha Hilton's room
Wednesday, Oct. 17- D Day; Yoga at GRE 4:15
Thursday, Oct. 18- A Day; 8:10 ALICE Refresher with Deputy Snyder in STEM Hub; Safety Drill-Evacuation 9:00; P/T Conferences 4:00-8:00; Dinner at 5:20 in Art Room
Friday, Oct. 19- No Schoo!
Upcoming Important Dates:
October 23 OST ELA: Part 1 (3rd Grade)
October 24 OST ELA: Part 2 (3rd Grade)
October 26 K-4 Harvest Parties 2:30-3:15