Sauls SS Class
FBC Covington, 4/19/15
PRAYER REQUESTS THIS WEEK
- Jean Wright - her husband passed away
- Steve Winstead & Family - his brother diagnosed with cancer
- Bennie Hardy Family (Mike, Jackie, Barry, Brenda, & Jackie) - cancer
- Alton Jordan (Karen's Dad) - having a hard time coping with sadness and loneliness
- Mrs. B.J. Luna Family - had 2 sons pass away this past week
- School testing days - Extra pressure facing our students and teachers during this time
- Leo Mallard - cancer/chemo
- Tommy Campbell (Sherri's Dad) & his Witness Group - will be working at the beach during Spring Break to serve pancakes and witness to teenagers on the beach
- Linda Uhlig (co-worker of Karen) - cancer
- Project AWARE @ CMS - monitoring youth in suicidal situations
- Jackie - troubled 7th grade student at CMS
- Sage - 7th grader at Cousins Middle School; behavioral issues and salvation
Congratulations to WILL HOLDER for earning his EAGLE SCOUT rank today at FBC!
If you're away from SS class for any reason and need the class to pray for you, please let us know!
Last week Lester celebrated his birthday and feasted at the Varsity downtown! Connie is certain that all of our invitations to join them at the Greasy-V were most likely lost in the mail by the friendly staff at the Covington Main PO!
CLASS SOCIAL NEWS - IT'S TIME TO VOTE!
The plan is to go eat at HOT RODS in Social Circle (in the shadow of that famous other gracious Southern Eatin' Place with blue tree plates).
So, the trick is for each person to REPLY ALL with at least 3 different dates during May and June that you CAN go out to eat with the group. If you can give us 4 dates that would be even better. Be sure to consider Friday dinner and Saturday lunch or dinner in your selections. (Fri-Sat Hours are 11:00am to 9:00pm; they are closed on Sunday)
Here's a link to their menu, http://eatathotrods.com/lunch--dinner.html
Got it? REPLY ALL by Thursday (Karen's birthday in case I've not mentioned it).
2015 CHURCH-WIDE EVENTS
JUBILEE 2015 @ MYRTLE BEACH - April 27-29th
- Sandi Patti, Guy Penrod, Johnny Hunt, The Inspirations, The Perry's, and more!; $400 includes leisure bus and hotel accommodations on the beach; meals are included except on the way up and back; call the church office for more information
M-A-Y & J-U-N-E:
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL "Journey off the Map" - May 31st-June 3rd, 6:00-8:30pm, completed K thru 5th grades; register to VOLUNTEER at https://kideventpro.lifeway.com/myChurch/
HAITI MISSION TRIP - June 20-27th
BRAZIL MISSION TRIP - June 21-30th and Oct. 24-Nov. 3rd
S.M.A.K. (Summer Music Activities for Kids) - July 6th-10th, completed K thru 5th grades
YOUTH SUMMER CAMP @ Daytona Beach Florida - July 13th-17th, 6th thru 12th grades; registration open now with LIMITED seats available!
VANCOUVER MISSION TRIP - July 20-27th
BOSTON & PROVIDENCE MISSION TRIP - Oct. 19-26th
Ladie's Bible Study:
- Thru May 9th, 9:30am and 6:00pm
- book cost $15.00
- 2nd Floor in the Fellowship Hall
- email firstname.lastname@example.org to signup or Sign-Up Sheets in the Fellowship Lobby Area.
The FOUNDRY Men's Ministry:
- There are TWO men's Bible studies
- One at 6:00am and one at 7:00am
- Both in the Fellowship Hall
- Call Church office to sign up!
Dr. Cody H. McNutt, Senior Pastor
[Do you ever wonder what the H stands for?]
Charles Reynolds, Pastor of Median & Mature Adults and Church Administrator
Ralph Meaker, Pastor of Discipleship
Tim Barnes, Pastor of Worship
Matt Funk, Pastor of Students & Families
Josh Cornett, Pastor of Children, Missions & Families
1139 Usher Street
Covington, GA 30014
Mon-Thur - 8:00am to 5:00pm
Closed Noon to 1:00pm for lunch
Fri - 8:00am to Noon
Note: Office is closed on Tuesdays from 9:00am to 12:00pm for Staff Meeting