May 16-May 26
DRA Window Closes May 20th
Here's a quick review of the Spring DRA Window expectations:
Title 1 Students:
- Carla and Kim will give the DRA to these students.
- Classroom teachers will not need to give them to Title students.
- Given between the dates of April 25- May 20.
- DRA scores must be entered in SISK12 no later than May 25.
5th grade students:
- Please proctor the DRA to 5th grade students that are reading below the grade level benchmark between the dates of April 25 - May 25.
- This information is very helpful for middle school principals and teachers, as they plan for next school year.
Sign Folders In/Out of Record Room. Keep locked if storing in classroom during the window.
Lakeview’s Annual Field Day will take place on Tuesday, May 24. Students in kindergarten, 1st grade & 2nd grade will participate in field day activities from 8:30 AM-11:00 AM. All 3rd grade, 4th grade & 5th grade students will participate in field day activities from 12:00 PM-2:30 PM. We encourage students to wear comfortable clothing and tennis shoes for field day activities.
We are still looking for parent volunteers to assist in running the various field day activities. All volunteers must complete the volunteer form and return it to Mr. Malloy or Mr. Elsten by Wednesday, May 18. All volunteers must also have a current 2015-2016 Volunteer Background Check completed & approved in order to help with field day. Volunteers have the option to sign up for the AM session, PM session, or both sessions.
All staff and students will eat lunch in classrooms from 11:00 AM to 11:45 AM. We encourage students to bring a sack lunch on that day. The cafeteria will be serving a "grab and go" lunch on Tuesday. A pizza lunch will be provided for teachers and volunteers from 11:00 AM-11:45 AM. Volunteers for the AM session should arrive at Lakeview at 8:15 AM and afternoon volunteers should be ready to assist at 11:45 AM. Field day activities will conclude at 2:30 PM.
Summer Library Information
Summer Library Info: Check-out books from Lakeview Library to read this summer. Students can check-out up to 10 books to read! Watch for the permission slip form to come home. In addition, mark your calendar, our library will be open this summer on June 15 and July 13 from 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Students can visit the library during this time to return books and check-out new ones.
Did you make your checkout appointments?
- Please hand in your classroom map/digital images to Doug/Melissa at your checkout appointment with them. Due to summer school being hosted here, we don't want them left on doors and then lost.
- Make sure you are signing up for your checkout appointments. Clicking below will take you to the document with live links to click to sign up.
SPED Student Report Cards:
- Regular Education teachers should communicate with SPED Teachers about grade responsibility.
- If you share a student, you should share the grading responsibility. SPED and Regular Ed teacher should work together.
- If a student is being marked "@" because he/she is receiving modified curriculum, we will just use an @ sign and no numbers with it.
- SPED Teachers will hand goal sheets in to Carol May at their checkout appointment. Goal sheets should be sorted and labeled by classroom teacher.
Special Area Teachers:
- You will each fill in your own report cards this year for the classes you teach.
- Please see Troy Gill if you are unsure how to use the new special area tab. This will make your life a lot easier.
- Please have this completed by End of Wednesday, May 25.
- If you have a new student since 3rd quarter, please make sure Troy Gill has added the name to your report card tabs. If not, please contact Troy to do so. Classroom teachers are not to add students!
- All documents are to stay in Google Drive.
- Do not rename or move documents.
- If you have a drive issue, please see Melissa.
- Classroom teachers need to email Carol May when report cards are completed. Do Not Print a Class Set!!
- Classroom teachers need to bring a copy of alternate parent report cards to his/her check out appointment with Carol May.
Doug and Melissa will be checking report cards in drive. It will be communicated to the teacher if a change needs to be made. Please make sure you are writing comments for all students. You should write comments that give a positive and something the student needs to work on (use your scales to help identify this).
End of Quarter: Wed. May 25th
Record Keeping Release Time: Wednesday, May 25th (early dismissal at 1:15)
Teacher Contacts Carol May: As soon as all report cards are complete. No later than end of Wednesday, May 25th
SPED Goal Sheets, Special Area Grades, and SPED Grades: Wednesday, May 25th-Give to Carol at Checkout Appointment
Alternate Parent Copies to Carol: Give to Carol at Checkout Appointment
Report Cards Sent Mailed Home: June 1st
A copy of this schedule is now available in the Live Binder for your viewing pleasure!
Kindergarten Says Thank You for the Cereal Boxes
The Week Ahead...
Monday, May 16
8:45 Assembly in Gym
Tuesday, May 17
Quarterly Recognition Names Due
7:30 Volunteer Breakfast
Lion's Den Kdg/3rd
9:30-1:00 Doug Out of Building
AM 1/2 Day Release-2nd Grade
PM 1/2 Day Release-5th Grade
1:30 End of Year Title One Meeting
Wednesday, May 18
1:15 Map Circus (only 3-5 students with an invite)
1:30 Mad Science Presentation 3rd Grade
3:40 Staff Meeting
Thursday, May 19
Lion's Den 2nd/5th
11:00-2:30 Doug Out of Building
1:30 Reptile Experience Presentation-3rd
6:00 5th Grade Graduation @LVE
Friday, May 20
Lion's Den 1st/4th
4th Quarter Perfect Attendance Lunch-Names Emailed to You
12:00-3:00 5th Grade BBQ
DRA Window Closes
Monday, May 23
All Year Perfect Attendance Lunch-Names Emailed to You
1:30-3:00 4th Grade International Market Day
6:00 Kdg Graduation @Holt
Tuesday, May 24
8:30-11:00 K-2 Field Day
12:00-2:30 3-5 Field Day
Wednesday, May 25th
No Special Area Classes Today
Lunch/Recess Stays the Same
DRA Entered into SISK12-Due
Email Carol May when report cards are completed in Drive.
Thursday, May 26th
Teacher Workday-1/2 Day
You've Been Shouted Out in May:
Have you shouted out someone for May?
Use this as a spot to shout out the great things happening in our building. Brag on a teammate or thank a teammate. Fill yourself up with pride by reading all the great things happening at LVE. Help spread positivity...
Tweet of the Week: Kindergarten Sight Word Celebration
Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/LVEThies/status/731236336032681984 (Mr. Holler)