Paulo Panther Weekly
Weekly events and announcements: 10/29/22
I.S. 75 INVITES YOU TO Family Bowling Day
Date: Monday, Nov. 7th 2022 Time: 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM
Cost: $13 per person Includes 2 hours bowling, shoe rental, 2 slices of pizza and soda
Payment MUST be made no later than Wed. Nov 2 at IS75.org School Store/Online Payment ALL children must be accompanied by an adult. This is not a school-chaperoned trip. Children will not be allowed to attend without a parent or guardian present
Any questions please email Ms. Taccetta our parent coordinator at LTaccetta2@schools.nyc.gov
Blythedale Toy Drive 2022
We are pleased to announce that we are beginning our 22nd Annual Holiday Toy Drive to benefit Blythedale Children’s Hospital on November 1, 2022
Blythedale Children's Hospital is dedicated to improving the quality of life for children with complex medical and rehabilitative needs. For more than 100 years, Blythedale has been a leader in developing innovative, multi-disciplinary inpatient and ambulatory programs, as well as a community resource for children with a variety of medical concerns.
Students may drop of their donations each day to Mr. Herrmann’s office in Room 339 during their advisory class. Donations will be logged for service credits and for credits toward 8th Grade Philanthropy Award applications.
Wicked Stitches - Paulo Gym Uniforms Store open Until Nov. 1st
- Place your order thru November 1st Click this Link to the payment page
- You can expect your order to be ready around November 16th.
- You will receive an email when your order ships or is ready for pickup.
- You are ordering as part of a group order. The items are available for a limited time. Please note the closing and delivery dates for your shop.
- All orders are processed together once the shop is closed.
- For sizing help call us. We have a full line of samples available for you to see.
- NO RETURNS. NO EXCHANGES.
- In store pickup=pick up at Wicked Stitches, 851 Castleton Avenue.
"Mo"vember is back!!
The month of November is Men's Health Awareness Month. On Wednesday, November 30th Paulo will hold Movember Day to raise awareness for Men’s Health (prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health, and suicide prevention). Staff and students will have an opportunity to wear “Movember” apparel or participate by wearing mustache apparel. Shirts that are pre-ordered will be delivered to Advisory classrooms at the beginning of the week of November 28th. Each item purchased includes a $5 donation to the Movember Foundation. Please order your shirt from the student shop link below. In addition, a QR code and link is also posted for donations only.
Deadline is NOVEMBER 2nd for ordering shirts
STUDENT SHOP https://75movember.itemorder.com/shop/home/
Eat Together : Family Dinner
Here’s how to participate in three easy steps:
1. Schedule a day over the next two weeks (between October 29 and November 13), and put it on the calendar.
2. Plan the meal: buy the ingredients, grab the takeout menu, or make the reservation – whatever works!
3. Set the phones aside, chow down, and enjoy the evening…in each other’s company.
If your child wants to earn an easy service credit, snap a family photo of the meal together and upload it to this Google form. The form will close and the opportunity to earn a service credit will end on November 14th.
THE PAULO PAGES- IS75'S DIGITAL NEWSPAPER- Halloween Issue Hot Off the Press
Mr. Ferraro, Ms. Henrich and our students have been hard at work writing articles and reviews, while also adding original stories and sports updates. Follow this link to find all issues of the Paulo pages: check it out here The Paulo Pages.
Thank you to our publishers for an incredible Halloween Issue #18:
Aubrey Agnetti, Lauren Brass, Karter Cheng, Madison Cirelli, Michael Cosentino, Gioia Cuccia, Olivia Frazier, Quinn Gao, Matthew Garcia, Juliette Gecevice, Olivia Hazen, Makayla Hults-Barcia, David Kaht, Nicole Kolyuzhko, Joseph Lasker, Lucia Libretta, Morgan Mcgowan, Amanda Monaghan, Mason Muchnik, Anthony Musella, Luke Natoli, Santino Palombo, Christopher Papandrea, Vanane Saakian, Marina Sadek, Joseph Tenaglia, Christina Timoshkov, Anneliese Vermaat
Night of 100 Pizzas is Back!!!!
- The dance will be held on Friday, November 18th, 2022, from 6:00PM - 8:00 pm in the gymnasium.
- Pizza and water will be provided.
- Extra snacks and juice will be available for PURCHASE.
- A DJ will play music.
- The cost is $10.00 for NON-STAR members and $5 for STAR members. There are a limited number of tickets! Please complete the online registration form and remit payment online via credit card by Monday, November 14, 2022. Online registration for the dance can be found via our website at www.is75.org under the payments / registration tab.
- Deadline for online registration will be Monday, November 14, 2022.
- No monies will be accepted on day of dance.
- Submission of money does not guarantee admission to the dance. Admission will be determined by appropriate citizenship. Paulo students only will be in attendance.
- You must be present in school on the day of the dance in order to attend!
- Staff members will chaperone the dance.
- The school dress code should be followed.
- Parents should arrive by 7:45PM in anticipation of the 8:00 PM dismissal from the BACK OF THE SCHOOL. Students will be released through the schoolyard onto BOULDER. Transportation home is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
For venmo, use the QR code pictured. Thank you!
- Bundt Cake Fundraiser - Submit orders by Nov 10th. Submit the google form through this Bundt Cake link
- Pay by sending cash or check to school with your child or use the PTA QR code pictured above to pay through venmo. Please note, a google form must be filled out AND payment made through one of the 3 methods mentioned above.
8th Grade Senior Dues
To make your child’s senior year memorable, we begin with the collection of senior dues. The assessment for senior dues for each student is $195. The cost of senior dues covers setup and materials that make the graduation ceremony beautiful and special, including your child’s graduation gown, diploma and diploma case, awards and certificates, and graduation tickets (2 per family). Senior dues also include the senior t-shirt, yearbook, video yearbook, 8th grade carnival, and many other incidental but essential materials that make your child’s senior year memorable. Graduation is scheduled for June 22, 2023, at the College of Staten Island.
Senior dues do not include the cost of the Senior Banquet which is tentatively set for June 7, 2023, or the 8th grade trip to Six Flags Great Adventure which is tentatively set for June 2, 2023. Information concerning these activities will be forthcoming.
Senior dues will be accepted now through the end of January. Accurate projections must be made in terms of people, space, and materials involved in graduation. Therefore, your prompt attention to this matter is appreciated. Payment of Senior Dues can be made via our website at www.is75.org under the “Payment & Registration” tab
If you have any questions concerning the dues or activities planned, please reach out to our senior events coordinators via email, Ms. LaRocca (email@example.com) or Ms. Boshnack (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8th Grade News and Dates
- Thursday December 1st- 8th Grade T-shirt Contest deadline to submit an entry
- Tuesday January 31st - Senior Dues are due ($195 pay here)
- Wednesday June 7th - The 8th Grade Banquet at the Hilton on Staten Island.
- Thursday June 22, 2023 - 10 am Graduation at CSI
Saturday Free Family Painting Sessions
This Family Engagement grant, sponsored by The Department of Education’s Office of Arts & Special Projects, will allow us to offer a series of four separate sessions between November and March (each session is made up of three-parts – three Saturdays), and will meet from 10 am-12 noon.
You can choose from the session dates that appear below (indicate first and second choice):
Session I – November 5, November 12, November 19
Session II – December 3, 10, and 17
Session III – January 21, 28, and February 4
Session IV – March 4, 11, and 18
Culminating Year-End Share-Out Celebration = March 25
IMPORTANT: All Parents who participate and enter the school building must show proof of vaccination, according to NYCDOE regulations.
Please also note that students who participate are NOT required to be vaccinated. Use a g-mail account OR your child’s student g-mail account to fill out the Google Form below (must be a g-mail account!) as soon as possible, with a first and second choice of dates (you can even register for more than one session and make two projects!):
Google Form Link https://forms.gle/gHQRAED6wkdYKoQTA
For questions, contact Mrs. Mary Tomes at email@example.com.
Saturday Virtual Math Tutoring
Classes will meet weekly on Saturday morning from 9 AM to 10:30 AM starting October 8th.
Classes will take place remotely though the "Saturday Math Tutoring Google Classroom".
To attend, register your student at IS75.org under the payment & Registration tab. Registration is free and guarantees your child an invite into the google classroom.
See the full details on the IS75 Website.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ARISTA
The mission of the Paulo Arista Society is to make the qualities of scholarship, citizenship, and service function as a beacon of excellence for all members of the school community. To communicate this mission, Paulo has made the requirements for inclusion in Arista (8th grade), Junior Arista (7th grade) and Honor Society (6th grade) as follows:
1. Scholarship – Academic average of at least 91.00% in each marking period with no grade, in any subject, below 80 or “S”. Please note that a course grade of 79 or lower precludes a student from Arista.
2. Citizenship – No citizenship grade below “S” (Satisfactory) in any marking period.
3. Service – The attainment of at least 25 service credits per school year.
4. Attendance/Punctuality – Students absent more than 10 days per school year are precluded. Also, students who are picked up early from school five or more times in a given semester are also precluded from this recognition.
Please see the Student Handbook for a more in-depth explanation of criteria for the Paulo Arista Society.
Service credit is a form of school-based volunteer work where students are acknowledged for their meaningful contributions. In-school service can be in the form of classroom monitoring, being a member of a school team, or even just participating in a spirit event.
Students are encouraged to participate in as many activities as possible. School service, partnered with a dedication to their academics, builds a strong foundation for the well-rounded student. Students are afforded opportunities throughout the year to earn these credits. Participation in out-of-school charitable events or organizations does not count for service credits. Participation in said events are recognized separately. Letters of participation in community-based service can be sent in to Mr. Herrmann, who will catalog their efforts and count them toward the Philanthropy Award (given to deserving graduates).
NYC Schools Account Fun Facts:
- Families have access to report cards and transcripts using their NYC Student accounts.
- Families will be able to access their NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) portal, which consolidates several important parent-facing applications in one place.
- Families who currently have a NYCSA account will automatically have access to new features in the portal.
- Parents can also reset the passwords to their student’s DOE email accounts through the Manage Account page at http://mystudent.nyc .
- If you have forgotten your password, you can reset your password at the site on your own. There is no need to wait to speak to anyone.
If you have NEVER created an account, please email Ms. Taccetta at LTaccetta2@schools.nyc.gov who will be able to give you a creation code.
With this new change for all of us, please give our staff time to acclimate to this system as well as update the data which needs to be transferred.
SCHOOL FOOD FORMS ARE NOW ONLINE
We are pleased to announce that all of our students at Frank D. Paulo Intermediate School 75 will be receiving free breakfast and lunch. As many of you know, the “Family Income Inquiry Form” was a vital part of the application process. Please note that we still need to complete this form in order for our school to receive money vital to many of our programs. Please complete this inquiry process online by using the following link:
PLEASE PRINT OUT CONFIRMATION PAGE and have your child submit this to their advisory teacher.
We thank you for your assistance in regard to this matter. Once again, the application process enables us to get much needed funding for our school programs.
What’s Happening in NYC Public Schools?
For the most up to date weekly information from the NYC DOE, follow the link below for important forms and help with school accounts. There are a wealth of resources to help families navigate through information.
School Spirit 2022-23
Here at Paulo, we understand the importance of cultivating a sense of student pride and ownership across our hallways and classrooms. We believe that this sense of warmth and optimism allows our students to feel valued and welcomed each and every day and makes Paulo a place where all students can flourish. To this end, we enlist your support in ensuring your child participates in our various Paulo Pride days.
November 23- Crazy Hat Day (8th Grade Only Event)
November 30 - Movember Day
December 21 – Door Decorating Judging
December 22 - Ugly Sweater Day
December 23- Twins Day
January 13 – College Awareness Day- Wear your favorite college swag
February 9 – Football Jersey Day
February 14 – Wear Red for Valentine’s Day
February 16 - International Night
February 27 - Rare disease awareness day-wear “jeans”
March 17 – Wear Green for St. Patrick’s Day
April 5- Basketball Jersey Day
April 28 – Light it Up Blue for Autism
May 4- Star Wars Day
May 25 - Mental Health Awareness, Wear Green
May 26 – Superhero Day
June 20 - High School T-Shirt Day
USEFUL LINKS: SELF-HELP
- Health and Safety in Our Schools COVID-19 School Health Policy.
- IS75 Website https://www.is75.org/
- NYC Schools Account Portal NYC Schools Account (NYCSA)
- School Food Forms https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application
- Student Account information schools.nyc.gov/studentaccounts
- Student-Family Handbook Click here
- Student transportation https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/transportation/transportation-overview/whats-ne
- Vaccine portal Vaccine.schools.nyc
- Chancellor’s Citywide Behavioral Expectations to Support Student Learning Discipline Code (https://www.schools.nyc.gov/DCode)
- A family welcome letter from the Chancellor is available on the Messages for Families page (including translations)
Dates to Remember
- Mon. Nov. 7th - Family Bowling Night 3:30-5:30
- Mon. Nov 7th - Principal's book club meeting PDS 4, 5, & 6
- Tues. Nov. 8th - Election Day (No school for students)
- Weds. Nov. 9th - Half Day Dismissal 11:20 AM; Parent Teacher Conferences (via phone) & Report cards made digitally available through nyc schools account.
- Thurs. Nov 10th - Paper Report Cards distributed to students
- Fri. Nov. 11th - Veteran's Day - School Closed
- Tues. Nov. 15th - PTA Meeting & Literacy Night
- Fri. Nov. 18th - Night of 100 pizzas
NO HABLA INGLÉS?
Puede traducir este boletín a otro idioma. Haga clic en el boletín y haga clic en el botón de traducción que se parece a la imagen aquí.
لا تتكلم الانجليزية
يمكنك ترجمة هذه النشرة الإخبارية إلى لغة أخرى. انقر على النشرة الإخبارية وانقر على زر الترجمة الذي يشبه الصورة هنا.
НЕ ГОВОРЯТ ПО-АНГЛИЙСКИ?
Вы можете перевести этот информационный бюллетень на другой язык. Нажмите на информационный бюллетень и нажмите кнопку перевода, которая выглядит как изображение здесь.