Newsletter for Brave Families Week of March 7
Brave Connection Issue 3.7.22
March is in full swing!! That means Spring Break, Testing season, and a lot of announcements will be coming your way.
Spring Break will be Monday, March 21 through Friday, March 25. School will resume on Monday, March 28.
Parent Events this week:
1. Parent Support Group with DJ Johnson Tuesday, March 8 in the library @6:30pm
2. Interested in Braves Cheer? MANDATORY PARENT MEETING March 8th in the Cafeteria from 6:00 - 7:30 PM. Contact Coach Amanda McCoy- Ajmc357@gmail.com with questions.
2. College Prep Parent Academy: Continues Thursday, March 10 @ 6:00 pm - this week's training will focus on RESEARCHING AND WINNING SCHOLARSHIPS FOR COLLEGE
To save your spot for the virtual college academy, please use these links (you will need to register weekly to get the zoom links for the meetings):
If you are the parent of a senior, please read through this application process!! If you have not started working on the FAFSA, now is a great time to start: https://studentaid.gov/. Counselors will be reaching out to seniors who have not completed their FAFSA yet, but you are essential to the process. Even if you think you won't qualify for money, you should still fill out the FAFSA as it is necessary for all students attending community colleges, universities, as well as trade schools.
Why: Remember the FAFSA is the gateway to access college scholarships, grants, work study and loans for 4-year college, 2-year college and trade and vocational schools.
• Chaffey College is free for the first 2 years if you complete your FAFSA and submit a Panther Promise
• Cal Grants (FREE Money) – UC - $12,000+, CSU – $5,700+, Private College $9,000+ annually
• Pell Grants (FREE Money) - worth up to $6,000
• There is a middle-class scholarship for families that make less than $191,000 – up to 40% off tuition.
Foster youth can get a Chafee Grant from the state worth $6,000 (FREE Money)
• Recruited college athletes must complete a FAFSA too!!!
Keep a lookout at the bottom of our future newsletters for expanded opportunities for tutoring. If you have a student who would be interested in getting PAID to help tutor in the library, please have them reach out email@example.com
Parents: All ALHS students have access to a tutoring service called PAPER Tutoring. Students can access a tutor for any of their classes via text any time of day and get help on homework or papers they have written for English.
How To Access Paper:
1. go to Login | PAPER
2. go to https://clever.com/in/cjuhsd (sign in like you do for Canvas)
I wish all of you a wonderful weekend,
Assistant Principal of Discipline
Alta Loma High School
Google text: 951-892-0684
Monday, March 7:
Tuesday, March 8:
DJ Johnson Parent Support Group @ 6:30 PM in the library
Cheer Interest Parent Meeting @ 6:00 PM in the cafeteria
Swim @ Chino Hills 3:30 AWAY
Softball vs Colony 3:00 HOME
Golf vs Rancho @ 3:15 AWAY
Tennis @ Rancho @ 3:15 AWAY
Baseball vs Ayala F/JV @ 3:00 HOME
Baseball @ Ayala Varsity @ 3:00 AWAY
Wednesday, March 9:
Josten's Family Night 5:00 - 6:30 @ Cafeteria
ASBC Meeting Library @ 6:00 PM
Baseball @ Roosevelt JV/Varsity @ 3:00 PM Away
Thursday, March 10:
College Prep Academy zoom @ 6PM
ALHS Dance Exhibition - Gym @ 7PM (tickets must be purchased for this event)
Softball @ Claremont 3:00pm AWAY
Golf Vs RCHS V@ 2:30 @ Sierra Lakes
Tennis @ Chino Hills @ 3:15 AWAY
Baseball vs Colony Fr/JV @ 3:00 HOME
Baseball @ Colony Varsity @ 3:00 AWAY
Swim @ Upland @ 3:15 AWAY
Friday, March 11:
Saturday, March 12:
Boards And Braves Cornhole Classic 9:30 am - 3:00 pm @ stadium
Career Center Information
Make sure you sign up to get updates from our Career Center
Seniors: FILL OUT YOUR FAFSA
Check out our counseling website!!
It's a one stop shop of everything our counseling team can help you with!!