DC Staff Update
3 October 2016
I'm grateful this week for...
Congratulations on the wonderful Year 4-6 Swimming Carnival last week, which was so well organised by the primary PE staff.
For any teaching staff (end or mid-Contract) who are considering not coming back for the 2017-18 academic year, can you please contact me and let me know what you are thinking. This information, even if you don't end up leaving DC, is really helpful as we start to look at our recruitment needs. For those people who are mid-Contract, a reminder that Friday 9 December is the final date for resigning without any effect on your gratuity.
use of emails
We are hoping to get something in place for immediately after mid-term break. Some suggestions we have come up with are below, and I am asking you to please email (yes, I know) and send me any other suggestions you may have that you feel could be considered.
- When sending to a large group, ask the recipients, where appropriate, to please reply only to the sender
- Think before you hit "reply all"
- Be selective about who the email goes to
- No emails over weekends or after 5pm, unless absolutely necessary
- Considering using alternatives to email e.g. Bulletin notices, articles in the Primary, Secondary, Support Staff or my Update
- Where possible, talk instead of type - not sending emails if a telephone call or a face to face conversation would be a more appropriate alternative
save the date
- Best wishes to the Y6 team for their camp this coming Tuesday to Friday
- ISA testing will continue this coming week