By: Matthew Brod
- The first question asks for your wages this will be found on line 1 on your w-2.
- The second question asks for your taxable income which will be found towards the bottom of the w-2.
- Unemployment compensation and Alaska permanent dividends if you do not receive these payments you will put zero for this section.
- Add lines 1,2 and 3 this is you adjusted gross income.
- if you are single you will will enter 10,300, if you are married then enter 20,600.
- in this line you will subtract line 5 from line 4. if line 5 is larger than line 4 , enter 0.
Payments credit an tax
7. Your federal income tax can be found on line 2 on the w-2 form.
8a. (EIC) if you did not earn this credit then enter 0.
9. Add lines 7 and 8a these are your total payments.
10. Tax. use the amount on line 6 above to find your tax in the tax table.
11. Health care if you receive health care benefits from your employer then enter 0.
12. Add lines 10 and 11. this is your total tax.
Amount you owe
Worksheet for line 5
- Dependent who checked one or both boxes
B. Minimum standard deduction which is 1,050 for the 2015 form
C. Enter the larger amount from A or B.
D.If single enter 6,300, if married enter 12,600.
E. Enter the smaller amount from line C or D.
F. Exemption Amount: if single enter 0, if married only one of you can be claimed as a dependent enter 4,000.
G. Add line G and F.