November 16, 2015
Veteran's Day Assembly
It's a Great Time to be Alive and Teaching
What an incredible week!! Thanks to all of you for the great job you did in preparing students for the Veteran's Day Assembly. What a touching tribute to those who have served our country so valiantly and for their families! This event in one where I feel we truly touch the hearts of kids and being to lay the foundation for true patriotism. You gals and guys did a great job of making it happen!
Hopefully, things around school will be MUCH more quiet and calm this week. With fifth grade headed to camp, the very few volunteers should be on campus until 1st grade celebrates their pioneer day on Friday.
As next week is Thanksgiving, I wanted to give you something to be thankful for (along with all the others things for which you are Thankful) -- the staff meeting for this week is officially canceled. Enjoy the extra time to do other things at school or to do something just for you. :) I have included two videos at the end of the Monday Minutes. One I couldn't pass up because of our assembly last week and in the other Josh Groban just reminds us all about the purpose of the Thanksgiving holiday.
I hope that you all have an incredible week! Thanks for being so incredible to work with.
- November 16 - 18 -- Outdoor School Adventure Camp (5th Grade)
- November 19th -- Progress Reports Go Home (Grades 3-5)
- November 20th -- Pioneer Day (1st Grade)
- November 20th -- PTA Sponsored Pie Day :)
- November 23-27 -- Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 2nd -- PLC Groups
- December 3rd -- Dining for Dollars -- Firecrust Neapolitan Pizzeria
- December 3rd -- PTA Drop and Shop -- 5:30 -9:00 p.m.
- December 9th -- PACE Referral Packets Due
- December 9th -- Team Leader Meeting
- December 10th -- Bethany Holiday Choir Concert (6:30 p.m.)
- December 11th -- Staff Holiday Party (6:30 p.m. at Erin Swain's House)
- December 16th -- PTA Cookie Day for Staff
- December 17th -- Winter Parties
- December 18th -- Early Release for Students -- Report Cards Go Home
Thought For The Week
“Not everyone can be a star quarterback; not everyone can be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company; not everyone can win a gold medal at the Olympics; but everyone—everyone—can live in thanksgiving daily.”
~Joseph B. Wirthlin