Literacy Leader Update Meeting
This past months meeting was focused on Drama. A few things that we discussed were:
1. Drama not only affects the characters, it should affect the audience.
2. For the upper grades- have the students add stage directions to the play.
3. Allow the students to make adjustments to the play, change the dialogue, setting, add/delete characters, and add props.
4. What does the audience need to see or hear to understand the plot?
5. At the end of the lesson make sure they can identify the theme and what elements contributed to it.
Procedural Text- provides factual information in order to give directions, teach or describe a process.
Here are a two links to use to increase student engagement in the writing process:
"Is Bacon Ok to Eat?"
These adorable little girls give step by step directions on cooking some of their favorite treats. Search The Cookin' Kids on you tube for great tutorials. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q3RtilRhBE
Book of the Month
Thank you Kinder for recommending this book! Its a fun loving book to use for the Procedural Unit. It would be awesome to get some sweet grandparents in here to read this gem of a book.
Off Campus Dates
Jan. 26th Update meeting @ 3
Jan. 28th Multi Sensory Training from 12-3
Jan. 4th- TPRI-opens for graded K-2
Jan. 6th- MIT Regrouping
Jan. 19 TPRI Closes
Jan. 19-22 4th Grade Writing CDB (Scoring week of 25th)
January 25-29 Grades K-3 Writing Sample Collection