October 2021 Volume 3 Issue 3
- September 15-October15: Hispanic Heritage Month
- October: Anti-Bulling Month
- October 4-7: Stomp Out Bullying, #Blueup Spirit Week
- October 8: End of 1st Quarter, NO STUDENTS IN ATTENDANCE
- October 9: 7th Grade Boys Volleyball Tournament (Arlington HS, 8:00 am-12:00 pm)
- October 14: AAPAC Meeting (Virtual, 3:00 pm)
- October 15: ASB Spirit Day "Pink Out" & Hispanic Heritage Month Lunch Time Activity
- October 16: 7th & 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Tournament (MLKHS, 8:00 am-12:00 pm & 12:00 pm -4:30 pm); Boys 8th Grade Volleyball Tournament (Arlington HS, 8:00 am-12:00 pm)
- October 18- PAC Meeting(Virtual, 3:00 pm)
- October 19: Fall Choir Concert (Outdoor Stage, 6:00 pm)
- October 20: Make Up Picture Day
- October 21: Fall Band Concert (Outdoor Stage, 6:00 pm)
- October 25-29: Red Ribbon Week & Spirit Days
- October 28: ELAC Meeting (Virtual, 3:00 pm)
- October 29: Halloween After School Dance (2:00-4:00 pm)
October Monthly Acknowledgements
End of Quarter 1 is Thursday, October 7, 2021
It is hard to believe, but the end of 1st Quarter is already here. As a reminder, there is no school for students on Friday, October 8; it is a teacher work day. Students are not to be in attendance and there is no PrimeTime on Friday, October 8, 2021. MANY teachers are offering the opportunity to make up missing assignments this week, please take a moment and look through your student's Aeries grades and if they need to get some work completed encourage them to do so.
Parents please follow the above steps when reporting a concern regarding your student and their classes:
- Contact the teacher first either through email or phone call. Teachers are expected to respond to parent communication within 24 hours of contact. Please discuss the concern with the classroom teacher to determine if the issue can be resolved at the classroom level.
- If the issue cannot be resolved at the classroom level, please bring it forward for discussion with Mrs. Chann or Mr. Gull, site administrators. Most concerns can be addressed at the school level when school staff, administration and parents/guardians engage in open and collaborative discussions.
AEMS Tutoring Opportunities
Does your student need help with their assignments or organization? Did you know that we offer three opportunities for tutoring to your child beyond what their classroom teacher might offer? Below are the AEMS Tutoring Opportunities:
- AVID After School Tutoring- This is not just for AVID students! Our AEMS AVID Program hosts tutoring sessions for ALL STUDENTS on these days. (Tuesday & Thursday from 2:00-3:00 pm; Wednesday 12:05-1:30 pm)
- PrimeTime- Academic Hour is built into every PrimeTime afternoon. Tutors are available to help your child in every subject and/or help get your student organized.
- Paper- Free, online service available to RUSD students in grades 7-12. Tutoring is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Students access Paper using their Clever portal.
AEMS ID Cards, Planners, and Emergency Cards
- AEMS Student ID Cards were distributed last week during lunch. If your students does not have a 2021/2022 student ID, please have them report to the attendance window to pick it up. (Please note: If your student was absent on picture day, they will get their ID card after Make Up Picture day on October 20th.
- AEMS Student Planners: Student planners finally arrived today! We will be distributing them on Monday, October 11th through 1st period for the start of 2nd Quarter.
- Emergency Cards: Students are being called to the office to sign their Data Confirmation Emergency Cards from the beginning of the year Spirit Day. Student signatures as well as parent signatures are required on this form. If your student gets called to the office, they should not worry, we just need their autograph! (Parents, if you still need to complete this process, please come to the school office right away and we will assist you in getting it completed.)
Orange Terrace Community Center
Get in the Routine to Screen for COVID-19
Please check out the RUSD website for screening tips before sending your child to school.
Support AEMS by submitting the 2021-2022 RUSD Funding Form. This form takes a minute or less to complete and could make a difference for the students at AEMS. RUSD is aiming for 100% family participation, and so are we!
RUSD has over 250 job openings! Apply today any you could be one of AEMS newest team members!