by: Megan Trilling
Donato Bramante's Life
- Donato was born in 1444 in Monte Asdruvaldo near Urbino Italy
- Spent 22 years in Milan(1477-1499) and 15 Years in Rome(1499-1514)
- His mentor was Piero della Francesca
- Enjoyed reading, writing and practicing skills on the abacus
- Was mainly an architect but he is also a painter examples: Helped plan the Pavia Cathedral, Helped plan the Milan Cathedral, Castel Sforzesco, New Basilica of St. Peter
- His patrons were the Sforza family and Pope Julius II
The Vatican; Spiral Staircase
- Named the Vatican; Spiral Staircase
- This piece was created after 1505
- You would see this in the Vatican in Vatican City, Italy
- This spiral staircase is so significant because its a detailed piece of work in a well known building in Italy and is one of the most beautiful staircases in the world
- I found this interesting because its extremely detailed and very complicated and it amazes me how and architect can build this at this time when there are very few resources
"Articles." Atlas Obscura. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
Creator : Donato Bramante
Title : Vatican; spiral staircase
Date : After 1505
ARTstor : SCALA_ARCHIVES_1039778573
URL : http://library.artstor.org/library/secure/ViewImages?id=4iFCeTg4NCciJy8laCt2KngqVXcrclB%2BfQ%3D%3D
"Donato Bramante." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Biography in Context. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
"Donato Bramante." Merriam Webster's Biographical Dictionary. Springfield, MA: Merriam-Webster, 1995. Biography in Context. Web. 10 Nov. 2013
"Early Years and Training." Encyclopedia Britannica Online. Encyclopedia Britannica, n.d. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
Hutchinson, Jennifer. "Donato Bramante." World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras. ABC-CLIO, 2013. Web. 10 Nov. 2013