Mrs. Hamp's Happenings
Contact Me: firstname.lastname@example.org or 636-851-5334
Notes from Mrs. Hamp
- A HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE to our Tech Fest presenters. They all did a fabulous job presenting information about technology they have used. The evening was a huge success and I learned a few things too!
- Field Trip forms for the Renaud center went home a couple of weeks ago. As of right now, I only have 6 forms turned in. The field trip will be $5 and we are in need of volunteers to help with locker room and gym duty. Field trip forms are due by the end of this week.
- Spring Carnival is April 16th. I will be there around 10:00 working the food line in the cafeteria. There are many baskets and fun activities for your family to participate with. Basket raffle tickets went home on Friday. Instructions were attached on how to send in money. Hope to see you there! I hear there is a dunking booth! ;)
- Book order forms will be coming home this week. Orders will be due on Friday.
MAP testing information
- MAP testing will begin on April 19. I would like to hand out notes of encouragement on that day, so if you could write a note to your child letting them know of your support, I am sure they would appreciate it! Send your note in an envelope with their name on the front by April 18, I would appreciate it.
- Your child will need headphones during this test. If you are not able to get headphones for your child, please let me know and a pair of ear buds will be provided.
- ELA testing: April 19-21
- Math and Science Testing: April 25-28
TECH FEST PRESENTERS!
What are we learning?
Reading and Writing: This week we will continue our learning of the Civil War. We started looking at abolitionist on Friday. Students will have an opportunity to research an abolitionist and write a biography of their life. We will work on these biographies for a few days and move on to the Underground Railroad and understanding how traveling occurred on the Underground Railroad. As we continue the build up of what caused the Civil War, we will look at Abraham Lincoln and Stephen Douglas. As we move through the week, we will continue to make artifacts for our final display of knowledge about the Civil War. I am very pleased with the conversations and questions the students have demonstrated during this topic.
Mark Your Calendars
April 15: FIELD TRIP FORM DUE with $5April 16: Spring Carnival
April 19-25: MAP TESTING!!
May 4: 5th grade Musical
May 6: Renaud Field Trip
May 12: DARE graduation
May 19: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL