St. Cecilia Spotlight - Jan 17
JANUARY 17, 2024
OPEN ENROLLMENT 2024-25
JANUARY 16 - JANUARY 27 (PRIORITY REGISTRATION)
Registration is now open on Sycamore for current K-8 families. Please complete the online Sycamore application for each student you want to enroll for the 2024-25 school year. Tuition Agreement forms will be sent home today in the Wednesday folder. The deadline to enroll is January 27 for priority registration. In order for an application to be accepted, all 3 steps must be completed below:
- Completed Sycamore Application (ID: 3298) (K-8 only)
- Tuition Agreement & Payment Selection Form (hard copy)
- Registration Fee - $100/student (late fees may apply)
Registration will open to the public on January 28. Registrations will be accepted on a first come/first serve basis after that date. We HIGHLY encourage you to take advantage of priority registration to secure your child's spot.
INCOMING KINDERGARTEN FAMILIES: If your child attended preschool here at St. Cecilia, you already have a Sycamore account set up, please contact the school office if you do not have your login information. Do NOT set up a new account!
*Preschool, Daycare, and Aftercare need to be completed via paper registration that came home in the Wednesday folder.
OPEN HOUSE - PROSPECTIVE FAMILIES
Know anyone who may be interested in enrolling their child at St. Cecilia Catholic School for the 2024-25 school year? Please help us spread the word that we will be having an Open House for new and prospective families on January 28.
We are in need of cafeteria volunteers to round out the remainder of the school year to assist in the kitchen and monitor the lunch room. Please click the button below to sign up. You must be VIRTUS trained.
SWEETHEART DANCE - FEBRUARY 3
The Sweetheart Dance is on February 3 from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm in the Undercroft. Tickets will be on sale from January 15 - January 26. You will not be able to purchase tickets at the door. There will be a planning meeting on January 26 at 4:30 pm in the meeting room. Anyone is welcome to attend. The flyer came home in the red folders last week.
*We still need volunteers for these events. It's a fun and easy way to get your volunteer hours in! If you have any questions, please email the PTO for event details.
- January 26 - Sweetheart Dance planning meeting at 4:30 pm
- February 3 - Sweetheart Dance 6:30 pm-8:30 pm in the Undercroft
- March 9 - Stagette at Receptions
MEN'S STAG - JANUARY 20
We're back on January 20 at 6:00 pm for another epic night in the Undercroft filled with live music, wings, draft beer, games, and raffles while watching the NFL divisional round! Draft beer and wings are INCLUDED in your ticket price!
The 2024 Men's Stag, is brought to you by the St. Cecilia Sports Committee. We are committed to having more sporting activities available to the children during the recess hour. Proceeds will purchase new outdoor basketball goals with concrete pads on school property!
Check out our online raffle items at www.tinyurl.com/stcstag. Buy your tickets for a chance to win a Full-Sized Joe Burrow Autographed Helmet, Bourbon Collection, and a Blackstone Grill with Accessories. You do not need to be present to win any of these 3 raffles but buy your admission ticket to the Men's Stag because there will be plenty of other great raffle items.
ONLINE TICKET SALES AND RAFFLES END THIS FRIDAY AT 6PM
Admission tickets can be purchased at the door, but will increase to $30 cash. Raffle tickets can also be purchased the night of the Stag in person.
Reminder the Stag is a cash event. Hope to see you there.
BASKETBALL LEAGUE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
St. Cecilia is hosting the Diocese 5th Grade Boys Basketball League this year. This is a huge undertaking that requires lots of volunteers to make it successful. Please plan to work a shift, or two, or three! Money made from hosting this event will financially benefit the school and our student athletes.
ALADDIN, JR. - DRAMA PERFORMANCE
NIGHT AT THE RACES
FUTURE INDIAN NIGHT
PLEASE NOTE: The current dress code does permit apparel from the sports committee spiritwear shop. The dress code was approved prior to the new line of apparel being offered. At this time, we will honor the current dress code for the 2023-2024 school year. We will move to wearing the official school crest only for the following year.
***Additional spirtwear days will be added to the calendar for students to showcase all things St. Cecilia.***
(Items permitted: Crewneck Sweatshirts, 3/4 Zip, Fleece and Sweaters - NO HOODIES!)
HOW TO ORDER:
- Visit the Saint Cecilia Spirit Wear Shop by clicking the links below or visiting our main website.
- Browse the amazing selection of spirit wear, from cozy hoodies to trendy tees.
- Select your preferred items and sizes, then proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to include your student's name, grade, and homeroom teacher's name in the order form to ensure it gets delivered with no issues. Failure to do so will result in delay in delivery.
- Complete your order and mark your calendar for the delivery date. Items will be delivered to the students' homeroom at the end of each month.
NOTE: The store will close each month on the 15th and everything ordered will be delivered by the 30th. If you order after the 15th it will be delivered the following month. Let's make this school year truly unforgettable by proudly representing our beloved Saint Cecilia Catholic School.
Thank you for your continued support and dedication to our school community.
Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Wednesday, January 24th, 2024, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Wednesday, January 24th, 2024, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Wednesday, February 7th, 2024, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Wednesday, February 7th, 2024, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.