Pleasant View Elementary Flyer
Friday, May 6, 2022
Dear PVE Families
WOW! Thank you for partnering with us to SHOWER our TEACHERS with LOVE and APPRECIATION this week! It was an incredible week! Thanks to PTO for the BBQ lunch, the bundt cakes, the gift cards for prizes, the Fundae's ice cream treat this week, and more! A BIG THANK YOU as well to all of the ways that students and families showed appreciation. We are so very fortunate to get to partner with the absolute BEST FAMILIES each and every day.
In addition to Mother's Day this weekend, we have other things on the horizon at PVE. Thanks for taking some time to skim our flyer in order to stay up-to-date. We know are all very busy as well!
- PVE Steel Robotics Teams - We couldn't be more PROUD to send four of our robotics teams to WORLDS in Dallas Texas next week! Yes - our teams will be competing with other teams from around the world!! Thanks to Mrs. Seward and Mrs. Stillions for coaching and mentoring our robotics teams all year. Thank you to all of the families who have donated funds, along with ZEF to us attend this incredible event.
- Kindergarten Welcome Event, 5/11 - We can't wait to welcome our upcoming Kdg Class of 2035 and their parents to our Welcome Event this Wednesday! Registration is required. Please refer to the special Kdg Strong Start Series Flyer sent to all families who have already pre-registered for Kindergarten.
- Principal Appreciation Day, 5/13 - At PVE, we are setting time aside this Friday, May 13th to show our appreciation for our principal, Dr. Smith. We will be having a special NEON spirit day on this day to celebrate her and all the ways she serves the students, staff, and families of Pleasant View.
- PVE Dads Club Sunset Party & Campout, 5/14-5/15- The deadline to register to enjoy our 1st Dad's Club Sunset Party and/or Campout has been extended to May 11th. The registrations have started coming in and we can't wait to hold this event. Principal Smith and her husband will be joining for part of this event as well. We hope to see your family there is some way - whether you come just for food and the outdoor movie or choose to campout and enjoy breakfast the next morning.
- 2022-2023 School Year Planning - Please see our new sections below for the 22-23 school year. One section includes our PVE Family Input Survey, which serves as a mechanism for us to gain important feedback from this school year, as well as to assist us in our planning for next year. Thanks to all the families who have already filled this out - please note that it does close on May 13th. Please also see the PVE Classroom Supply List/Kit section below for information about classroom supplies for next year. Supply Lists will be uploaded to the PVE website soon for those who wish to shop on their own!
- Class of 2035! 2022-2023 Kindy Enrollment OPEN -We are gearing up for our Kdg Welcome Event on May 11th for all of our 22-23 Kdg students and their families. In order to attend this event, your child needs to be registered for Kdg. Please help us spread the word that Kdg Registration is open. So, tell your neighbors, friends, and family that live in ZCS boundaries to visit the ZCS website to learn more Information about "Kindergarten Strong Start". We are so excited to welcome the class of 2035. Click here to pre-register your upcoming Kdg student: https://www.zcs.k12.in.us/apps/pages/kindergarten
- May 12th PTO Meeting - Our final PTO Meeting of the school year will be held in-person at 4:00pm in the Adventure Center. To attend, please enter Door 7 around 4pm. We hope to see many of you there!
All the best,
Dr. Stacy Smith - Principal of PVE
317-873-2376, extension 17999
Upcoming Events & Dates
April18 - May 13 - ILEARN and IAM Testing Windows
May 2-9 - 3rd Grade Music Visits (see teacher for your child's day and please remember to pre-register for this event)
May 11 - PVE Kindergarten Class of 2025 Welcome Event & Deadline to register for the PVE Dad's Club Sunset Party/Campout
May 12 - Final 21-22 PTO Meeting at 4:00pm at PVE in the Adventure Center
May 12 & 13 - 1st Grade Young Author Visits (see teacher for day and details)
May 13 - Principal Appreciation and NEON Spirit Day & K-8 Unified Champions Games (Special Olympics) at ZMS (rescheduled from May 6 due to rain/soggy conditions)
May 14-15 - PVE Dad's Club Sunset Party & Campout (rain date May 21)
May 17-19 - 4th Grade Fieldtrips to IN Statehouse & Benjamin Harrison Home (see teacher for day/details)
May 17 - 1st Grade Fieldtrip to Holliday Park
May 18 - PVE Dining for Dollars at City BBQ
May 17 & 19 - 3rd Grade Zionsville Walking Tour Fieldtrips (see teacher for days/details)
May 20 - PVE Field Day
May 24 - PVE 4th Grade Promotion Picnic Celebration with Parents (look for details to come from teachers)
May 25 - Last Day of 21-22 School Year
Kindergarten Registration and First Strong Start Event
Kindergarten registration is now open. Once a student is enrolled, families will be sent a link to sign-up for a time slot for our Strong Start events (formerly known as Kindergarten Round-Up).
Strong Start Events – 3:00-6:45 (45 min sessions)
May 11: Pleasant View Elementary, Union Elementary
May 12: Boone Meadow Elementary, Eagle Elementary, Stonegate Elementary, Trailside Elementary
PVE Kindergarten "Strong Start" Welcome Event (May 11th) - This initial in-person event is geared toward parents/guardians and their incoming kindergarten students. During this first experience at PVE, the adults will meet and learn about the mission, vision, and highlights of our programming, while the children spend time with our kindergarten teachers and engage in play with peers.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to Dr. Stacy Smith at email@example.com or 3-873-2376 ext.17999
PVE Dad's Club Campout - Saturday, May 14th!
Our 1st PVE Dad's Club Sunset Party & Campout is just two weeks away!
We are very excited to offer our FIRST PVE Dads Club Sunset Party and Campout! If camping isn't your jam, we hope that you and your family may consider signing up for the Sunset Party, which includes dinner, smores, glow bracelets, and an outdoor movie. Families may also choose to register to campout in order to enjoy the full experience, which also includes donuts and juice/coffee in the morning! Please see all the information and details in the flyer below. Please note that registration is due by Wednesday, May 11th in order to have time to purchase enough food for the event.
- Date: Saturday, May 14, 2022 RAINDATE: May 21, 2022
- Location: PVE Upper Playground (the Southern playground within the chain link fence
- Who can attend?: All PVE Students, Families, & Faculty (and future PVE Families) Please note: this is not a drop-off event, and all children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Cost: Pay only $20.00 for your entire family if just joining for the Sunset Party (dinner & movie), or, Pay only $40.00 for your entire family if also wanting to campout overnight and enjoy donuts, juice, and coffee as well!
Step 1: Register by May 11th
- Please CLICK HERE to Register: or scan the QR Code in the flyer below.
Step 2: Pay
- Please CLICK HERE to Pay using Venmo: or scan the QR Code in the flyer below, or send a check made payable to “PVE Dads Club” to the following address:
- PVE Dads Club
- c/o Nikolay Zaborenko
- 4374 Greenthread Dr
- Zionsville, IN 46077
Please CLICK HERE for easy access to print the flyer that's pictured below for all of the details!
Dining for Dollars at City BBQ - May 18th!
Eat barbeque and support Pleasant View Elementary PTO—giving back never tasted so good!
DATE OF FUNDRAISER: 5/18/2022
LOCATION: City Barbeque Whitestown, 6082 Whitestown Pkwy.
On 5/18/2022 at City Barbeque Whitestown, we’ll get 20% of the proceeds from every order we bring in!
- Ordering in person? Show this message to the cashier at checkout (either a printout or just on your phone). CLICK HERE for printable version
- Ordering online? Use code FundA at checkout at https://order.citybbq.com/menu/whitestown for pickup or delivery on 5/18/2022
Ordering over the phone? Ask to apply code FundA when you provide your payment information.
Want to increase your impact? Place a group order online: a bigger order for you means a bigger donation for us! Start a group order at https://order.citybbq.com/menu/whitestown, send the link around the office, and be a hero (to both us and your coworkers). Just remember to use code FundA at checkout!
Remember: all orders have to be picked up or delivered on 5/18/2022 from City Barbeque Whitestown for it to count toward our fundraiser.
Thanks for your support!
Cashier: Fundraiser A
Only valid on orders fulfilled in-store, over the phone, in the City BBQ app, or at order.citybbq.com on specified fundraiser date. Not valid on orders placed on specified date for fulfillment on a future date. Valid on orders placed in advance for scheduled fulfillment on fundraiser date. Only valid on orders fulfilled from the specified City Barbeque location. Fundraiser code must be applied when order is placed. Not applicable on catering orders or any orders placed via third-party delivery services. Cannot be combined with other promotions or offers. Eligible purchases include food, beverage, and bottled sauce sales; gift card and T-shirt purchases are ineligible, as is sales tax. Flyers cannot be distributed on City Barbeque property.
Spring 2022 PVE Family Input Form - Due Friday, May 13th
Dear Current (and Future) PVE Families,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your child's learning experience this year, along with input as we consider planning for next year. The input you provide in this survey serves two purposes. First, it provides us the opportunity to reflect on our strengths and areas to improve as a building. We readily admit that we, as a staff, must continually reflect and be open to feedback in order for improvement to become a reality. Secondly, the input you provide supports our planning efforts as we strive to create the optimal classroom placement for each student for the 2022-2023 school year.
Please understand that this survey serves as the primary and most effective way for parents to communicate with administration their thoughts about next year's class placement. Please refrain from requesting a specific teacher, and instead focus on the learning style, classroom supports, and interests that most benefit your child. Please complete this form by Friday, May 13th so we may have the opportunity to adequately review your input before the end of the school year.
Your partner in education,
Stacy - PVE Principal
2022-2023 PVE Classroom Supply Lists/Kits
Order Securely Online - Starting NOW thru May 30th!
1. Go to www.educationalproducts.com/shoppacks .
2. Enter the school ID, PLE035 (3 numbers/3 letters).
3. Follow the directions to complete your order.
4. Keep your online confirmation as your receipt.
*Sales tax will be applied at checkout.
*Please note, that headphones are NOT included in these supply kits.
If you would like to shop for school supplies on your own, our 2022-2023 Supply Lists will be available soon on our PVE website (under Parents Tab) starting next week.
PVE PTO Update
THANK YOU to everyone who donated in some way to make our TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK so special!!
- ZMS PTO is sponsoring ZRun a 5K or 1 mile run/walk on Saturday, April 30 at ZMS. It's a fun event and a great opportunity to spend time at the middle school (especially for our 4th graders who are headed to ZMS next year): https://secure.getmeregistered.com/get_information.php?event_id=136743
PVE Student Directory is available.
- Follow the directions outlined here: https://pve.zcs.k12.in.us/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=542803&type=d&pREC_ID=1782665
PVE PTO Meetings for 21-22
- Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 4:00pm at PVE in the Adventure Center
Reporting Tool for CoVID
Hindu Event at Hussey-Mayfield Library
The Hindu Community of Boone County, Indiana in collaboration with Zionsville Community Schools and the Zionsville Public Library would like to invite you to this free exhibition to understand Hindu culture and its civilization. This exhibition - Darshana - portrays the 'Hindu way of life,' or Hindu Civilization, which evolved in the Indian subcontinent for over 5000 years.
Over the past two centuries, the Western world, including the United States, has been steadily introduced to Hindu principles and practices, such as Yoga, meditation, vegetarianism, and Ayurveda, the science of holistic medicine, which are now popularly practiced and accepted.
This exhibition, with vivid illustrations and lucid descriptions of 24 different topics related to Yoga, Ayurveda, Dharma, mathematics, architecture, arts, sciences, traditional attire, and present-day global impact, to name a few, will hopefully inspire curiosity towards a deeper study of these topics.
‘Darshana’ will be hosted at the Hussey-Mayfield Library for 3 weeks with an inaugural ceremony on Monday, May 9.
We invite communities to come and explore this poster exhibition supported by audio tours.
Location: Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Library. 250 N 5th St, Zionsville, IN 46077
ZCS GROW Info & Z'CAMP Registration
Hey parents! Do your kids want more social interactions with their school peers? Do you want to make a difference at your child’s school? ZCS-GROW is looking for adults to help in their aftercare program. The best news is that any of your children who attend this elementary school can attend BAC for FREE as long as you are working! We have a variety of schedule options from a couple hours per day once a week to five days per week. BAC does not meet during school holidays. For more information contact Becca King at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-733-4847.
Changes to the 1:1 Computer Program at the Middle Schools - Fall of 2022
During the November 8 board meeting, ZCS school board members approved an updated 1:1 technology plan. Beginning in the fall next year (2022-2023 school year), Zionsville Middle School (ZMS) and Zionsville West Middle School (ZWMS) will be using a staggered approach to transition into a 1:1 rental program that will eliminate the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). *These changes will only affect the current 4th grade class (class of 2030), students who are incoming 5th graders next year at ZMS and ZWMS.*
How it works.
Current 4th grade students (Class of 2030) will be required to rent a Lenovo 11e from ZCS for the start of their 5th grade year in 2022. Students in grades 6-8 will maintain their BYOD status for the 2022 school year so as not to interfere with already purchased devices. All current middle school students who started with BYOD will have the option to maintain BYOD status throughout their middle school years. The chart below shows the staggered approach over the next four years as we transition out of BYOD and into this new rental program.
For more details about this change, including financing, please visit the following
If you have questions, reach out to Dan Layton at email@example.com.
Above and Beyond
Visitor and Volunteer Procedures
During the school day, all volunteers are expected to check in at the front office. Prior to the volunteer opportunity, all volunteers must sign a CoVID Non-disclosure Acknowledgement Form and have successfully completed a Full Criminal History Background Check.. Necessary background check paperwork is available on the ZCS website at the Volunteers/BRAVO link and should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the intended volunteer date. Volunteers must also view the state mandated confidentiality/bullying video, provided on the Volunteer/BRAVO website. The volunteer will pay the fee for the full background check which will expire after 5 years.
During the school day, all visitors must enter via the front door and sign-in at the front office. Visitors need to be prepared to present a government issued photo ID which will be scanned against the National Sex Offender Registry. All visitors will be issued a visitor badge/tag to be worn inside the building at all times. Visitors other than parents/guardians must be prearranged and organized through the main office.