Educating Yourselves on Cyberbullying
How Can You Address the Issue?
Parents can address cyberbullying to their children by talking about the issue and teach how to prevent their children from being a cyberbully or being cyberbullied. Parents need to be aware of what technology and websites their children are using. Parents need to monitor their children to prevent them from cyberbullying. Constantly checking up on your child, asking them what websites they are using, and asking who they are talking to are great ways to keep the internet a safe place for your child. Discussing the problems cyberbullying has caused and how it effects so many children are a great starting point for your child to prevent cyberbullying.
Great Resources to Educate Yourselves and Your Children
Strategies to Deal with the Problem of Cyberbullying
- Discuss cyberbullying with your child
- Be alert to abnormal behavior
- Be aware of the websites your child is using
- Always report the problem
- Encourage your child to tell you if they feel bullied from people online
- Do not be hesitant to ask for help