Ms. Steere's Classroom
- Please note that the last day of school, May 26th, is now a half day. Students will be dismissed at 11:00am.
- Kindergarten PALS testing well begin on Friday, May 13th. Please have your student get a good night's sleep the night before. Testing will take place all day on the 13th and will continue the following week during reading period.
- May 4th - Coffee with the Pricipals
- May 13th - Kindergarten PALS testing, all day
- May 16-20 - PALS testing (continued)
- May 23rd - Field Day/ STEM Day
- May 24th, 9:00-10:30 - Kindergarten End of Year Award Ceremonies
- May 26th - Last Day of School! 11am dismissal
This Week's Learning Goals
- continue to practice and use reading strategies when listening to and reading stories. (Reading SOLs: K.1, K.2, K.3, K.8, K.9, K.10)
- write to communicate ideas. (Writing SOL: K.12b-d)
- use technology for writing. (Writing SOL: K.13)
- combine two sets of objects and determine the sum, where the sum is not greater than 10. (Math SOL: K.6)
- determine the result of taking away part of a set of up to 10 objects. (Math SOL: K.6)
- describe some simple changes animals undergo during their life cycles. This may include changes in their body size, color, covering, or shape. (Science SOL: K.7)
- compare and contrast young animals with their parents, using pictures and/or live organisms. (Science SOL: K.7)
This Month's Birthdays
May 22nd- Laney
May 26th- Jacob M.