The Weekly Howler
Shaw Sundog Newsletter
Virtue of the Week: April 4 - April 8
Notes from the Nurse
If you have a student entering Preschool or Kindergarten next year I encourage you to take care of required immunizations sooner rather than later. I would be very happy to review your child’s shot records and let you know what is due. Those who wait until the last minute sometimes end up missing the first days of school in order to meet this State of Alaska mandated law. Feel free to contact the school nurse at #352-0503.
Kindergarten 2016-2017 - We are getting ready now!
Boundary exemption forms must be submitted each year for each child attending Shaw. Please share this information with any families you may know who might like to attend Shaw. Boundary exemptions are due to the school by Friday, April 29th.
Click here for the form.
Parents Got Talent
Welcome to Kindergarten Night
Get Your Yearbook Soon!
Online Academic Resources
School Report Card: 2014-2015
As a requirement of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, states and school districts must issue annual report cards to parents. The purpose of the report card is to provide parents with information about the district and their child’s school in terms of teacher qualifications, academic achievement, and school/district accountability. To access the report cards, please visit our website and select School Report Card to the Public at: http://www.matsuk12.us/Page/25937
If you would like a written copy of your school’s report card, please contact the front office at 352-0500.
Mark Your Calendar
- 4/9 Science Olympiad @ CTHS
- 4/12 MAP Testing Begins
- 4/16 Chess Tournament @ CMS
- 4/20 Band and Choir Concert 2:30 PM and 6:30 PM
- 4/26 Honor Music Festival Field Trip and Concert
- 4/28 Colony Middle Parent Night at 6:30
- 4/29 Archery Competition in Shaw Gym
- 4/29 5th Graders Tour Colony Middle School
- 4/29 Boundary Exemptions Due
- 5/4 5th Graders Tour Teeland Middle School
- 5/6 PD Day - No School
- 5/13 Shaw Talent Show
- 5/18 5th Grade to Whittier Field Trip
- 5/19 Field Day
- 5/20 Last Day for Students