Japan Earthquake And Tsunami 2011
A little Bit About The Earthquake And The Tsunami
The earthquke started in Sendai on march 11th 2011 at 2:26 p.m. (in japan time).
The energy released by the earthquake was 9.0 on in the Richter scale and it became a tsunami wchich had 10 meters high wave. The tsunami hit nuclear reactors and one of them outpot nuclear radiation.
Some Facts About The Earthquake And The Tsunami
- 15,889 people were killed in the disaster .
- The earthquake was created because of the movement of the tectonic plates.
- The Japanes were prepred for the earthqake but not for the tsunami.
- The earthqake hit 9.0 on the Richter scale.
- The tsunami waves were 10 meaters long.
- In Japanese "tsu" means huge and "nami" means wave so "tsunami" mean huge wave
- The estimated economic damage was 235 bilion dollars.