MSA Comings & Goings
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
- Thursday - 26 - Last day of school before Easter Break; St. John Ambulance Denim Day for $5 (St. John Ambulance provided the school with excellent service during our Bazaar so we are asking $5 to support their efforts.)
- Monday - 13 - School resumes; summer uniform begins
- Tuesday - 14 & Wednesday - 15 - Career Planning Interviews for Grades 9 - 11 - by appointment - teachers will contact parents for appointment.
- Thursday - 16 - Elementary Assembly at 8:35 am
- Friday - 17 - Full day of school. This was originally the Bermuda Exhibition holiday, but is now a regular school day, with the MAG Show in the Afternoon.
- Wednesday - 22 - Waste-Free Day
- Friday - 24 - Elementary Sports Day (rain date Monday, April 27) - Times to be announced
- Tuesday - 28 - Elementary Spelling Bee at 8:45 am
- Wednesday - 29 - PST Interviews from 4:00 - 6:30 pm (Grades 6 - 12)
- Thursday - 30 - PST Interviews from 4:00 - 6:30 pm (Grades 6 - 12)
- Thursday - 30 - Deposit deadline for Canadian Universities Tour 2015
125th Anniversary T-shirt
Deadline for ordering our 125th Anniversary T-shirt is tomorrow - THURSDAY, 26 MARCH. T-shirts will be ready for Wednesday, 15 April so students can wear to school on Friday, 17 April for our MAG Show! T-shirts are very reasonably priced at $20 a T-shirt.
Read and Feed
Thank you to all those who contributed in making this year's initiative an even bigger success than last year. With your support, we were able to contribute over ten full barrels of cans and countless boxes of other non-perishable items to the Eliza DoLittle Society.
MSA MAG Show
We will be having our very own MAG Show (Mini Ag Show) on the afternoon of 17 April. The enthusiasm is building for this MAGnificent event. We encourage all our students to consider entering this fun event. Details on the exhibits that are planned and the registration form are attached in the C&G attachments.
Waste-Free Lunch Day on 22 April
MSA would like to move toward becoming a waste-free school. One of the biggest generators of waste at the school occurs over the snack and lunch breaks.
On Earth Day, Wednesday, April 22, we will be awarding house points and merit points for every student who participates in our school-wide Waste-Free Lunch Day. Please see the C&G attachments for more information about this initiative.
A special 125 years anniversary photo is available for purchase at the Mall Studio.
Sizes available are:
6x4 - $10.00
8x12 - $20.00
Yearbook Selfie Needed
The Yearbook Committee’s theme this year is Social Media, and we would like to include a selfie of every student, K-12 by Thursday, 26 March. Students can take the selfie by themselves or with someone. Please email the photo to email@example.com Please note: If the selfie is not appropriate (example: hand gestures or dress appropriate) it will not be used.
Lil Saints Summer Camp
Lil Saints Summer Camp is now accepting registration for Summer 2015. Flyers with details and registration forms were sent home. If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact Mrs. Machado at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional copies of the registration form please see the attachment in the Comings and Goings.
High School & Middle School Notices
Canadian Universities and Colleges Tour
The Canadian Universities and Colleges Tour for the next school year will be 22 October until 31 October. Any grade 10 or 11 student interested in attending this tour must submit a $500 deposit by Thursday, 30 April. There will be an information session for parents and students in May. If you have questions please email Mrs. White at email@example.com.
Uniform Shop Hours
Tuesday - 24 - 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
Tuesday - 14 - 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
Thursday - 23 - 8:15 am to 9:15 am
Tuesday - 28 - 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
EDGE Youth Group
EDGE Youth Group, a local Catholic ministry, takes place every Thursday in the MSA Auditorium. All High School students are invited to come fellowship from 7:30 - 8:45 pm.
Late Nite Catechism
MSA’s 125th Anniversary Celebrations continue with the MSA Alumni Association’s Annual Cocktail Reception on Friday, June 5th. This year, in honour of our special Birthday celebrations, the Alumni Committee is thrilled to present the highly acclaimed Theatre show, LATE NITE CATECHISM.
This very successful, funny and enlightening show has been thrilling crowds for more than 20 years all over the US and Canada.
Below are some reviews that will convince you, LATE NITE CATECHISM is NOT to be missed...
“Whether you spent 12 years in Catholic school, or think a Hail Mary is only a football pass, you don’t want to miss the interactive fun”
“The show that the New York Times calls, "hilarious, well-written and inspired” “
MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW for Friday June 5th!
LATE NITE CATECHISM
Cocktail reception 6:30 – 7:30 pm, followed by a great evening’s entertainment.
DON’T MISS this opportunity to laugh so hard your cheeks will hurt!