The Dolphin 411
Weber Elementary School
Back to School Night and ELL Parent Night
Halloween Costume Collection
Monday, Sep. 15th, 8am to Tuesday, Oct. 14th, 4pm
3850 Rohret Rd
Iowa City, IA
Please donate your new or gently used costumes so all of the students at a Weber can be part of the parade and trick-or-treating. The costumes need to be "kid friendly": nothing too scary or gory and no weapons.
There will be a collection box outside of the school's main office Monday, September 15th through Tuesday, October 14th.
Weber Elementary World Language Program
Class Information Form 2014-2015
Thank you for your interest in the Weber World Language (WWL) Program!
Here are the basics:
• All students enrolled at Weber can sign up for French or Spanish classes
• All classes are held after school in Room 80. See below for class options.
• Each class is 20 sessions. Classes will NOT be held on no-school days or days with early release due to weather.
• Classes must have 5 students enrolled to take place, and classes will be limited to 15 students.
• Registration forms can be found online: http://tinyurl.com/WWLRegistration2014
Based on enrollment from previous years, we will offer the following classes. Please note that if the minimum of 5 students is not met, the class will not be held for the year. Students may be offered placement in a different class if their choice is unavailable based on low registration. Each class is limited to 15 students.
Monday 3:10-3:40 Intermediate (Grades 4-6)
Monday 3:50-4:20 Beginner (Grades 2-3)
Wednesday: 3:10-3:40 Beginner (Grades 4-6)
Wednesday 3:50-4:20 Intermediate (Grades 1-3)
Thursday 2:10-2:40 Beginner (Grades K & 1)
Thursday 2:50-3:20 Advanced (Grades 4-6)
Beginner Spanish students are those who have not taken a class previously. Intermediate students are those who have taken the Beginner class, and Advanced students are those who have taken Beginner & Intermediate. If you are unsure about the level for your child, please contact the coordinator at email@example.com.
Tuesday 3:10-3:40 Multi-Level (Grades K-6) *Appropriate for all ages & language levels.
Conduct and Cancellation Policy:
The WWL Program is an extracurricular activity. In order for a good, safe educational experience for all, the WWL will operate under the following Code of Conduct:
• Students are expected to behave in such a manner that will not disrupt classroom work or cause disorder in the building or school grounds.
• Behavior will not be allowed which endangers the safety of others, damages, the building or property of others.
• No alcohol, tobacco, weapons, or illegal drugs.
• Instructors have the discretion to remove the child from the classroom at any time should any violations occur. Parents will be notified if children are disruptive or violate conduct policy. If violations persist or are serious in nature, children will be removed from the class. No refunds will be issued.
Any classes cancelled due to teacher illness, early release for inclement weather, etc. will be rescheduled or added on to the end of the year. There will be no classes on scheduled days off (conferences, holidays, snow days, etc.) On rare occasions, classes may need to be cancelled with short notice. Parents will be notified via email as soon as possible if this occurs.
Run for the Schools
Sunday, October 19th
8:00 am ½ Mile Fun Run
8:15 am 1 Mile Fun Run
9:00 am 5k, 10k and ½ marathon
Registration can be done online at www.getmeregistered.com
or Download a race form at www.runfortheschools.com
or Pick up a race form at the Weber School front office
Be sure to designate Weber as your school and if you sign up prior to October 3th you are guaranteed an awesome t-shirt and a discounted price.
In keeping with Weber tradition, we will have a group picture taken at 220 S. Gilbert St. on the steps of the Robert A. Lee Recreation Center at 8:40 am.
Come out and join the fun!
Check out our Virtual Backpack for events and opportunities in our community for families to enjoy. Each week we upload new flyers. Bookmark the page and visit it each week.