Quist ROYALS Weekly News
January 20, 2023
Please join me in congratulating members of our staff and community on being
recipients of the 27J Believer Awards. Our recipients were honored
during the Board of Education meeting this past Wednesday.
On Wednesday, January 25th, our District sent out information regarding Remote learning in the event we need an additional snow day this school year. If you didn't receive that email, you can read it here. At Quist, we already use Google Classroom for instructional purposes and the majority of our staff were with us when remote learning was a norm. We are finalizing our schedule if this should be a need and will communicate our detailed plan to you. On the morning of Remote Learning, your child's schedule will be posted in their Pathway's Google classroom. They will be able to follow that schedule to attend shortened real-time (synchronous) sessions so they are prepared to complete their asynchronous work later that afternoon. Our staff will have scheduled office hours to answer questions that may come up and will also be available via email. If your child receives support through an instructional para throughout their school day, they will continue to have access to those supports remotely. While we finalize our plan and prepare to make it public, we need to know if you have a dire need for internet access. Please complete this form to let us know about your need.
CMAS testing information
Last call to purchase a yearbook
Do not miss out on the memories of the year! This is the LAST CHANCE TO GUARANTEE a book for your child and to include personalization. Visit jostensyearbooks.com to reserve your copy by JANUARY 27TH! If you have already purchased a book, thank you! This year’s book is one you won’t want to miss!
In case you haven't yet heard, we have rescheduled the dance to February 3. We appreciate our community's flexibility and while it wasn't the decision I wanted to make, I am glad our Royals are safe. Tuesday morning in Pathways, our teachers reviewed our Three Agreements here at Quist. 1- Take Care of Yourself; 2 - Take Care of Others; and 3- Take Care of this Place. We discussed what those mean daily here at Quist and also in relation to safety. We discussed ways for students to report anonymously as well in the event they ever hear or see something that should be reported. Here is the Slide deck our staff used to have the conversation. If your student purchased a ticket for the dance, it can be used on February 3.
Our Quist Advisory Committee is stocking the staff lounge again. If you would like to contribute, please visit their sign-up genius. Thank you for all your wonderful support!
Enjoy your weekend and see you all next week!
On behalf of the ROYALS Community,
Quarter 2 awards
8th grade: February 1 @ 8:40 a.m.
7th grade: February 2 @ 8:40 a.m.
6th grade: February 3 @ 8:40 a.m.
Here's our list of awards we will be handing out and how you will know if your student is getting an award:
- Teacher nominated awards: You will hear from your child's teacher if they are getting one of these awards.
- Perfect Attendance awards: Please check your student's attendance in Infinite Campus. Students must be present for the whole school day with no tardies, early exits and/or late arrivals to earn this award.
- Honor Roll awards: Please check Infinite Campus for your student's GPA. If your student has an accumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater, they will be receiving an award.
Snow Ball formal dance
Athletic update from our athletic director, Ms. Brown
Thank you for trusting us with your student athlete. We do not take this responsibility lightly! I will be emailing weekly with both general information and reminders about the upcoming schedule.
I will be emailing separately families who do not have an active physical on file, or I had to reject what was submitted to me. If you are planning on sending the physical with your athlete, please have them deliver it to the main office when they get to school. This will help them get into their practice more efficiently.
Here is what you need to know this week:
- Family Meeting - happened this week. Attached are the slides that we shared, in case you were not able to attend.
- Next contests - Basketball will host Bromley East at home on Tuesday, Jan 31; game starts @ 5:00 at Quist. Wrestling is home vs Overland Trail on Wednesday, Feb 1 and away vs Stuart on Friday, Feb 3. All contest dates are on our website, and here is the link.
- Three 27J schools will not have two teams for basketball, due to low participation numbers. Unfortunately, this will cancel some games for us. Henry Berner will return as our girl's coach. Wayne Trujillo is returning as our wrestling head coach. Several of his family also volunteer to help coach. We are excited to welcome them all back.
- We need several "team Mom/dad/family person" to help organize the end-of-season celebration. The school will provide pizza for the athletes; I need help organizing donations of drinks/sweets/salty yummies to round out the celebration. I also need help designing certificates that will be printed at school. This celebration will take place March 15, after school, at Quist. If you would like to help, please reach out.
- Individual and group pictures will be taken by Natalie Beck. This is scheduled for Friday, January 27, during practices. Purchase is optional and flyers will be given to athletes. Payment is required at the same time as the order is placed. Flyers are also available in the office and are attached to this email. Wrestling photos and basketball photos. Orders need to be placed before the last game of the season, to ensure availability.
Use your King Soopers loyalty card to fundraise money for Quist
Quist is now enrolled in the King Soopers or City Market Community Rewards Program. Community Rewards makes fund-raising easy by donating to local organizations based on the shopping you do everyday. Once you link your card to an organization, all you have to do is shop our store and swipe your loyalty card.
To Use the King Soopers or City Market Community Rewards Program:
Visit the appropriate link below:
- For King Soopers Stores - go to http://www.kingsoopers.com
- For City Market Stores - go to http://www.citymarket.com
Once logged into your King Soopers or City Market account you can search for Quist Middle School either by name or EG661 and then click Enroll. New users will need to create an account which requires some basic information, a valid email address and a loyalty card.
*Customers must have a registered King Soopers or City Market loyalty card account to link to Quist.
*If you're not a member and have a King Soopers or City Market loyalty card, they are available at the customer service desk at any King Soopers or City Market.
REMEMBER, for Quist to benefit from this program, you must swipe your registered King Soopers or City Market loyalty card or use the phone number that is related to your registered King Soopers or City Market loyalty card when shopping for each purchase to count.