6th Grade Intensive Reading
Mrs. Bauer-Colon's Course Syllabus
Welcome Parents and Students!
I am looking forward to an exciting year as we work on becoming proficient readers. My goal is for each and every student to develop reading skills that will prepare them for their future!
Please feel free to contact me about anything! We now have lots of ways to communicate!
Phone: 407-568-0510 ext 2312
Also find me on Edmodo!
thinking. Instruction will focus on fluency, vocabulary, comprehension and critical thinking. We will also explore a variety of new technology and how the use of our new devices enhances our learning.
Students are to have the following materials everyday
- Charged HP Laptop
- Edmodo Account Information
- Google Account Information
- Pens and/or Pencils
- Notebook Paper
- 3 Prong Folder
- headphones or earbuds
***Wish List: Any of the items below, I would love to have! Anything would be greatly appreciated!
- Clorox/Lysol Wipes
- Paper Towels
- Ziploc bags (sandwich size)
Homework: Students are expected to read independently for at least
20 minutes each night for a total of 60 minutes per week. Students are
required to complete a reading log for a grade.
Classroom Library: Students are required to have an AR book with them at all times. Students may check out a book from the media center or from the classroom library in order to fulfill this requirement.
Absences: Students are responsible for finding out what assignments they missed. It is the student’s responsibility to obtain and complete his or her work within the expected time frame.
Tardies: Students need to be in class on time. If a student is late a warning will be given. The second tardy is a phone call home.
Technology: There is lots of excitement when it comes to the new technology at Corner Lake. It is very important that students follow teacher instructions before they begin using their technology. They should listen for directions and then proceed.
Consequences when a student fails to adhere to a policy or rule
1st infraction-Verbal Warning
2nd infraction-Phone Call Home
3rd infraction-Lunch Detention
4th infraction- Referral and Administration procedures
Assignments and Grading
- Rbook Grades: This is the workbook that corresponds to instruction
- Comprehension Grades: This is a score from the computer program that will be used
- Vocabulary: Students will complete this as bellwork or independent work
- Tests and Quizzes: Students will have at least one test a 9 weeks and 2-3 quizzes.
- Bellwork: Students will complete this at the start of class everyday
- Reading Log: Students are responsible for reading 60 minutes every week.