BURLESON ELEMENTARY NEWS
APRIL 1, 2021
PRE-K & KINDERGARTEN EASTER EGG HUNT
A NOTE FROM DR. COFFMAN
We hope you have a wonderful Easter holiday! May you and your family be blessed! There is no school Friday or Monday! Enjoy your break 😊
Parents of fourth grade students, please make sure your child is on time on Tuesday, April 6h. The students will take the fourth grade writing STAAR. Please make sure they have plenty of rest in order to perform their best. We know they are prepared and want them to be fully equipped to show their knowledge.
All students will be testing next week for progress monitoring as well. Please make sure your students are at school on time and receive plenty of rest each night. We are excited to see the gains each child has made! We are so proud of our students and their hard work!
One more piece of information: Teacher appreciation week is May 3-7! We appreciate our teachers every day, but I would love for you to shower them with thanks and appreciation that week! They deserve so much for their passion and dedication to our students!
¡Esperamos que tenga unas maravillosas vacaciones de Pascua! ¡Que usted y su familia sean bendecidos! ¡No hay clases el viernes ni el lunes! Disfruta tu descanso 😊
Padres de estudiantes de cuarto grado, asegúrese de que su hijo llegue a tiempo el martes 6 de abril. Los estudiantes tomarán el STAAR de escritura de cuarto grado. Por favor, asegúrese de que descansen lo suficiente para poder rendir al máximo. Sabemos que están preparados y queremos que estén completamente equipados para mostrar sus conocimientos.
Todos los estudiantes también estarán evaluando la próxima semana para monitorear el progreso. Por favor asegúrese de que sus estudiantes lleguen a la escuela a tiempo y descansen lo suficiente cada noche. ¡Estamos emocionados de ver los avances que ha logrado cada niño! ¡Estamos muy orgullosos de nuestros estudiantes y su arduo trabajo! Una información más:
¡La semana de agradecimiento a los maestros es del 3 al 7 de mayo! Agradecemos a nuestros maestros todos los días, ¡pero me encantaría que los llenara de agradecimiento y aprecio esa semana! ¡Se merecen mucho por su pasión y dedicación a nuestros estudiantes!
- Practice letter and sound recognition. Letter for this week is Ee.
- Focus on number recognition up to number 10.
- Please have students practice writing their name at home.
- Easter Egg hunt on Thursday, April 1st
- Please send a dozen filled plastic eggs
- No School on Friday, April 2nd
- Read, read, read! Fill out reading logs.
- Spelling test April 7th. New words were sent home today.
- Sight word test April 8th.
- Keep practicing counting by 10s, 5s, and 1s to 100.
Have a happy, happy Easter!
· Practice spelling words and sentences for the test next Thursday.
· Practice -1’s for a test next Wednesday.
· READ, READ, READ and be ready to AR test every day.
· It’s warming up, make sure your child brings a water bottle to school every day.
· Your child is taking addition fact tests to earn brag tags. Please ask them which facts they are working on because every child is working at their own pace.
Just a few things to remember....
* We will continue to work on subtraction math facts through -12s and then review until the end of the year. We will test over -8 tomorrow.
* Be sure to look over and work with your second grader on their Saxon work each night. As we get closer to the end of the year, the words and concepts will be getting much more difficult so practice at home will be needed for most students. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
* Also, as we progress towards the end of the year, we will be completing one Saxon concept each day instead of completing two on Tuesdays. Doing this will make our testing days on different days of the week. Let me know if you have any questions about this each week.
* Continue to READ, READ, READ and take AR tests!!!
* Be sure you are reading for at least 20 minutes every night and that you are filling out the Home Reading Log. The Reading Logs are due every Friday morning.
* Please remember to send a water bottle with your child/children each and every day. They get thirsty and the water fountains are closed.
- This next week after Easter we will be doing benchmark testing! please make sure your child is on time. These tests will be practice in preparation of the STAAR test in May.
- We are continuing to work on informational text and really concentrating on comprehension skills like inferencing and author's purpose.
- In Social Studies we are finishing up our study on Historical figures and how they influence a community.
In math we are working on measuring time by finding the elapsed time, ending time or starting time.
Math fact tests are at the end of every week.
Math fact homework is due on Fridays.
We will be taking our math STAAR practice on Wednesday April 7.
Please make sure that your child is her everyday!!! We are preparing for the STAAR test and I don't want your child is miss out on lessons and they are not prepared for the test!
· I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and can enjoy time with their family.
· Please remember next Tuesday, April 6th, is the Writing STAAR test for 4th grade, followed by Reading and Math practice STAAR tests on Wednesday and Thursday. This is a very important time of the year for 4th graders. Please ensure that your student has a good night’s sleep next Monday and is in class on time on Tuesday morning. We can all pull together to get through the writing STAAR test with great results for our students. They have worked hard during a tough year and their success is our goal!
· As always… Read, Read, Read! – Reading is a homework assignment! All students are required to read for at least 20 minutes every evening. Please make sure you monitor what your child is reading and initial your child’s Reading Log every evening after they have read.
Please message me on Dojo with any questions or concerns.
- In Math we are solving problems related to area and perimeter.
- We will have random multiplication fact tests so please be sure your child studies and knows their basic facts.
- In Science we are learning about patterns of Earth. Moon phases, seasons, shadows and day/night.
- We are entering a calendar contest about how water is important. Please ask your child if they have turned in their sloppy copy. They will also receive a grade for this and some have not turned it in!! Cash prizes will be awarded at the end of school awards program for the top three places.
- Please make sure that your child is doing their 20-minute reading EVERY night. This will boost their vocabulary and make them an all around better student.
- Bring a water bottle and clean mask EVERYDAY!
Please be sure students are bringing water bottles daily.
STAAR is coming fast. It is important that your child is at school daily.READ READ READ!!!!!!!!! The more they read, the more they grow!!!!
-Please make sure your child practices their multiplication math facts every night. We are still testing weekly.
-Next week we will be taking our benchmark. This is our practice STAAR test. Please make sure your student has a good night’s rest. We want to see what they know and plan for our STAAR review.
-Please be safe and enjoy your Easter Sunday with your family.
Have a fun and safe Easter holiday with your family and friends.
STAAR TEST THIS COMING TUESDAY!!
Please make sure your student gets plenty of rest and is ready for Tuesday morning.
SPRING PICTURES COMING TUESDAY APRIL 20TH
COMING UP - OUR PRE-K ROUND-UP
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00.
MEADOW PTO SNACK CART ON FRIDAY'S
APRIL LUNCH MENU
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.