Stoneleigh Home-School Connection
We recognize the decision regarding returning your child to the school building or having them remain virtual has been made after careful consideration as to what is best for each family. The staff at Stoneleigh Elementary are committed to ending this school year with the same high quality instruction and cultivation of classroom communities that has been at the heart of everything.
For those families, who have chosen to participate in the 4-day in person learning which starts tomorrow there is one change to breakfast for students in grades 1 - 5. Students in first through third grade will report to their homeroom to check in and proceed to the cafeteria to pick up the individually packed breakfast and eat. Students in fourth and fifth grade will pick up the individually packed breakfast and eat prior to reporting to homeroom. Breakfast is offered from 8:30 to 8:45am.
As a reminder, the menus are posted on the BCPS website at: website. https://businessservices.bcps.org/departments/business_services_operations/food_and_nutrition_services/breakfast_and_lunch_menus
Several events are set to take place as the 2020-2021 school year draws to a close.
- Dumbarton Middle School 5th Grade Orientation Wednesday, May 27th @7pm.
- The week of May 31st will include grade level field days. More information will follow from Mr. Berkey and Ms. Maynard. Additionally, grade levels will share information as to what a grade level picnic will look like.
- Gold, Blue and Creative, Too! will be held on Friday, June 11th.
- Fifth grade farewell will be held on Tuesday, June 15th at 7pm. Information will follow from the 5th grade teachers.
- Last Day of School, The Board of Education has identified Tuesday, June 22nd.
Kindergarten through 5th grade registration for the 2021-2022 school year is up and running. Contact Ms. Tinkler, at 443-809-3600 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive specific details.
If your family will not be returning to Stoneleigh Elementary for the 2021-2022 school year please contact Ms. Testen at 443-809-3600 or email@example.com for assistance with the withdraw process.
Wishing everyone well.
The schedule for the coming week according to the BCPS calendar will be:
- Monday, May 10th - instructional Monday (A-day)
- Tuesday, May 11th - instructional Tuesday (B-day)
- Wednesday, May 12th - instructional day small group Wednesday (C-day)
- Thursday, May 13th - School Closed for Students Eid-Al-Fitr; Teachers on Duty Systemwide Professional Development Day
- Friday, May 14th - instructional Friday (E-day)
5th Grade Dumbarton Middle School Orientation
Dumbarton Middle School invites all 5th grade parents/guardians and students to join us on Google Meet on Wednesday, May 26th from 7-8pm for 5th Grade Orientation. Come meet some of the DMS faculty and staff and discuss the transition to middle school.
See the attachment below titled 5th Grade Orientation Invite Flyer
FAQ Session - May
If you would like please submit up to 2 questions for Ms. Hollenbeck and/or the PTA to address as part of our FAQ session to be offered as part of the PTA Meeting at 7pm on Thursday, May 20, 2021 please use the link below.
The meeting will be streamed. Specific information as to how to access the meeting will be shared prior to the meeting.
The PTA will use the submitted questions to identify 20 questions for reply.
The survey will close on Saturday, May 15th at 12:00pm for meeting preparation.
FAQ Question Link:
Virtual Music Camp Program Overview
Both Music Camps will be led by BCPS music educators and held virtually through Google Meet. A sample daily schedule can be found on the Music Office webpage.
- BCPS Virtual Ukulele Camp - July 6-9, 2021 - 9am-12pm Program Cost: $100 * Students will receive a ukulele and camp t-shirt as part of the camp registration
- BCPS Virtual Songwriting Camp - July 6-9, 2021 - 12:30-3:30PM Program Cost: $100 *Students will receive an external microphone and camp t-shirt as part of the camp registration
See the attachment below titled 2021 Summer Music Camp Flyer for specific details and registration.