Lakeview High School Newsletter
October 15, 2021
Dear Spartan Parents/Guardians:
What an amazing week it has been at Lakeview High School. It has been a week filled with fun, school spirit, and celebrating our school community. It has also been a week of many firsts that included the first outdoor pep assembly at LHS. We hope the fun continues into the weekend with a parade, football game, and dance!
I also want to thank everyone for supporting our effort to get students to school on time. We have seen everyone’s effort paying off this week. We saw a significant drop in the number of students arriving late for school.
As we come to the last four weeks of the first trimester, we also want to encourage you to check in on your student’s grades. Our teachers are available after school every Tuesday and Thursday to provide extra help. They are also reachable by phone or email to address any questions you might have. Please talk to your student about finishing strong!!
Final Homecoming Dance Updates
Thank you to everyone for supporting us while we worked through the logistics of holding the first outdoor Homecoming Dance in school history. It is important to us to be able to hold this event after having to cancel last year. A few things to keep in mind for Saturday:
· The student government selected to have the dance on the practice soccer field. Many things went into this decision including access to electricity, bathrooms, and security of the event. While we know that it will present different challenges, we all agreed it was best.
· After discussions with student government, we have also decided that our event will be mask optional. Please make the decision you are most comfortable with for this event.
· This will be an open tent event. We have a 40’ x 100’ tent for our event so everyone will be covered. Of course with a tent that big, a floor is not possible. Students are free to make whatever shoe choice they would like with that in mind.
· At last check, the weather looks dry, breezy, and in the 50's. Students should dress accordingly. We will have 4 heaters but, with an open tent, they won’t be able to keep temperatures steady. Students should plan to use them to warm up if necessary.
· Students should park in the high school parking lot and enter through the main entrance to the football stadium. They will enter the soccer complex to their immediate right.
With everything that goes on at LHS, we want parents and students to be able to access the kind of information they are looking for. We try to put the important news that parents need in this newsletter. We try to keep it brief while also informative. That means that we often cut positive news or images of the happenings in the building.
For that reason, we have created an Instagram account where we will share great pictures of all of the wonderful things happening at LHS. Please follow this account at LHS Good News. If you have content that may be worth sharing, please add the hashtag #lhsgoodnews so we can find it!
Student of the Month for September
ART - Anestasia Zamora
BUSINESS - Alexia Muzik
COMMUNICATIONS - Camryn Truex
ENGLISH - Allison Champlin
FAMILY CONSUMER SCIENCE - Elizabeth Martin
INDEPENDENT STUDY - Joseph Owen
MATHEMATICS - Maitlin Miller
MUSIC - Adrian Trinh-Huynh
PHYSICAL EDUCATION - Evan Yarger
SCIENCE - Auron Chadwick
SOCIAL STUDIES - Ellen Presley
TECHNOLOGY - Ethan Goodale
THEATER ARTS - Carter Black
WORLD LANGUAGES - Emersen Ruger
11/5 - 1/2 Day, Staff PD
11/11 - 1/2 Day for Students - Final Exams
11/12 - 1/2 Day for Students - Final Exams
11/24 - 1/2 Day for Students & Teachers
11/25-11/26 - No School for Thanksgiving Break
12/3 - 1/2 Day for Students
12/20-12/31 - Winter Break
1/14-1/2 Day for Students