Tiger Tidbits 2.0
May 15, 2017 Volume 9 Issue 35
- Ashley Watford returns Monday! WOO HOO!
- Kinder Rodeo: A great big THANK YOU to all the students and teachers who helped in the parade and stations. It took a team effort of teachers, staff and some 5th grade helpers to make it happen. The students looked precious and the excitement was contagious.
- Thank you Job Fair Team for going above and beyond in your positive talk about our school in our quest to find bilingual teachers. Your dedication and positivity is appreciated! We were able to secure 3 interviews for Wednesday. Thank you!
- Last year at this time we shared the findings from Columbia University about the impact of Shared Reading. A year later as we monitor for this we see the benefits of improving reading levels and excitement to read English books in bilingual classrooms. I know it is because of your energy and excitement that this is a strong lever of achievement in primary. Remember Janet and Flor are resources when you feel stuck.
- Thank you 3-5 for advocating for your struggling students and turning in the STAAR documentation for accommodations. I know it takes Grit & MTXE (Mental Toughness and eXtra Effort) to document these accommodations over time and then not get the proof you wanted for all of them. I want you to know I appreciate you advocacy for the students.
This short blossom trail...
Monday 4/10MAP Testing Window continues all week
ARD 10:10 Earnheart
ARD 10:55 Segars
ARD 1:30 Gonzalez
5th Grade Math Interim due
2nd grade LA Monday ESDC
2nd and 3rd to Rough Riders in Frisco
Wednesday 4/123rd grade Science Interim due
BIL performance interviews at MCL
4th Grade Math Interim Assessment due to ESDC
4th grade SS performance assessment due
Kinder to Dallas Zoo
DeDe at Principal meeting 7:30-3:00
Sheffield staff picture (Seefeldt / Herchenrader cover Sheffield office)
Bad Weather Day - Good Friday Holiday! Enjoy your long weekend!
On the flowering road ahead!
4/17-4/21 McStrick Earth Week
4/18 1st Grade Field trip - Science Tech
4/18 Strickalnd chior performance for students at 8:30 am and McLaughlin at 2:15 pm
4/18 PTA board meeting @ 5:00 - school compact and comp needs assessment
4/18 Choir Performance for parents and those attending at 6:00 pm followed by Art Show at 6:30pm
4/19 CIC meeting to look at accountability rubrics, school compact and comp needs assessment
4/20- Faculty Meeting @ STR, 3:15-4:30, whole staff Campus Acceleration Team.
4/21 Choir Field Trip
4/21 Progress report window closes
4/24 Progress report grades due
4/26 4th grade to Dallas Museum of ART
4/26 Specials Team meeting 12-1pm @ MCL
4/27 Kinder Round UP 2-5pm
4/28 Kinder Round Up 8-11 am
4/28 Author Visit
8:10-9:10 Kinder and 1/2 of 1st grade @ MCL cafe
(schedule change: 8:25-9:10 2nd grade big group specials)
9:20-10:20 2nd grade and 1/2 of 1st grade @ MCL cafe
10:30-11:30 3rd grade @ MCL cafe
1:30-2:30 4th and 5th grades @ STR cafe
4/28 Birthday Lunch 11-1 we can move this to another day if possible since we have author visits that day (support team 4A and 4B)
5/3 Super Star Kid Picninc
5/8 STAAR math 3rd, 4th and 5th retakes
5/9 STAAR reading 3rd, 4th and 5th retakes
5/9 2nd grade Math Interim assessment due
5/9 2nd grade Math performance assessment due
5/10 STAAR Science 5th grade and any make up test
5/12 Skating begins STR PE