Week & a Half at a Glance
Monday, August 12
- 8:00 a.m.--PowerSchool training--Lindsay, Tammy, & Karen
- 6:00-7:30 p.m.--Back to School Night
Tuesday, August 13
Wednesday, August 14
- First day of school! :-)
Thursday, August 15
- Laptops distributed to fifth and sixth graders in a.m.
- 3:30 p.m.--District RISE committee meeting--Karen and Deb
Friday, August 16
- 7:30 a.m.--K-2 teachers & reading intervention meeting in conference room--BURST
Monday, August 19
- 7:30 a.m.--grade level collaboration--Begin reviewing grade level historical data (mClass, Acuity, benchmark levels, etc.) from previous years to determine what the trends are. (Pull out what you worked on last year and update.) Have the trends changed from your findings from last year? What needs to be done to address the deficit areas and maintain the areas of strength? Be prepared to share your findings during our first data meeting of the year (by grade levels) and then as a whole group. I will get due dates to you soon.
- Fire drill
- 2:50 p.m.--8 Steps committee meeting
Tuesday, August 20
- 7:30 a.m.--NCA steering committee meeting
- 1:00-1:45 p.m.--convocation for preK-6
Wednesday, August 21
- 3:00 p.m.--staff meeting--new discipline & bullying information; update on procedures
Thursday, August 22
- 8:00 a.m.--meeting @ ENCO--Karen
Friday, August 23
- VISION & BELIEFS: You all did a GREAT job communicating our vision and beliefs at our staff meeting on Friday. You were so creative in your presentations! It's always good to begin the year by looking back at our purpose . . . the reason why we do what we do.
- CONVOCATION: The convocation on August 20 will be presented by Todd Waites, a motivational speaker for students. His message to students will include: overcoming obstacles and letting challenges make you a stronger/better person, gaining self esteem and pursuing dreams, anit-bullying/rejection, and everyone matters. A link to his website is below. He will be speaking at all the EN elementary schools on the 19th and 20th of August.
- FIRE DRILL: We will be having our first fire drill of the year on August 19. We are required to have one even in partial months. Please review procedures with your students. We will begin our monthly lock down drills in September.
- STAFF MEETING: At our staff meeting on the 21st, Josh and I will be updating you on the bullying information and discipline procedures that I spoke briefly about on Friday. Josh will also review procedures to follow when referring students to the office.
- TARDINESS: Please accept my apologies for sending Week at a Glance out so late. My personal computer got a virus this weekend, and it is no longer operational. :-(
I use the snipping tool quite a bit when uploading information to my website. It allows me to be more creative with what I post, and I don't have to worry about the limitations of Edline. Here's what I do:
- I enter text and pictures/clip art onto a PowerPoint slide. Using the snipping tool on my laptop, I "snip" the slide. From there I save it as a picture.
- I then log on to my website and insert a slide show. Yep! That's right! A slide show. I upload my snipped PowerPoint slide into the slide show feature on Edline. It is treated just like a picture. Voila! Your information is posted in a jiffy!
I often create one slide slide shows and put multiple ones on a page. You can obviously add more slides if you wanted to each slide show, and it would create a show that flips from one slide to the next.
Try it sometime! I think you will find it easier than using text boxes to insert information on your website.