A Bright Sunny Week
Greeting Kinder Parents,
This week was a mixture of musical practice and overall revision. Hence, the students continued to strengthen their literacy and math skills.
What We've Learned This Week
- The students completed exercises in their phonics books
- The students listened to a “Arctic Animals” passage.
- They read the passage as a group and individually
- They circled the words they don’t understand
- They answered the comprehension questions about the reading.
1. Sequencing numbers
- The students sequenced a list of number from the least to the greatest and vice versa.
2. Fact Families
- We reviewed fact families for number 2-15.
3. Addition and subtraction
- They added and subtracted numbers using the number line method.
- The students were introduced to process of the water cycle by watching a short video about it.
- They learned new vocabulary words like: condensation, evaporation, and precipitation.
- They colored a picture of the water cycle and organized the water cycle steps in the worksheet provided.
Writing & Handwriting Skills
They practiced writing their spelling words in their journal using 3 activities from the spelling activity sheet (organizing words alphabetically)
A Fun Friday
- May 30
School is closed
- June 1st
- June 3rd
Book, Buddies, and Blankets: The students need to bring a towel to sit on it while they are reading with their reading buddies outside.