Wildcat Daily Bulletin
Tuesday | October 19th, 2021
- Wildcats! If you applied for a parking pass and still haven't received it. Please come pick it up in the office.
- Are you interested in purchasing an old yearbook? We have many different years available to purchase before October 29, 2021. Please go to our website https://www.ohsd.net/Page/7178 to reserve your copy and find detailed instructions on how to pay.
- GSA Club is meeting every other Wednesday in Mr. Olsen's room, D249. The next meeting is on October 20th after school. GSA is for LGBTQ+ students and their allies. Email Mrs. Vaughn to be included on the club's google classroom: email@example.com.
- Ecology Club is hosting a beach clean-up on Wednesday, October 20 from 3-4:30 pm at Windjammer Park, aka City Beach. We will meet by the baseball field and pavilion parking lot with gloves and bags. You do not need to be a club member to volunteer and help pick up trash. This can count towards your required 5 hours of community service this year. Dress for the weather and sign in with Ms. Wethall at the park.
- Are you interested in joining the Wildcats4Life club? Our meetings are Wednesday before school at 8:30 in Mr. Crouch's room A166. Hope to see you there!
- The Flight Club will be meeting weekly in Mr. Crouch's room A-166 Wednesday after school. If you are interested in joining or finding out more about the club, feel free to stop by.
- Sophomore Leadership Opportunity: OHHS will be selecting a student ambassador to represent OHHS at the Hugh O'Brien Leadership Seminar in June 2022. In 500 words or less describe the most rewarding and challenging aspects of being a leader in your school and community. Essay due to the Counseling Center by Friday, October 29, 2021
- Scholarship Opportunity for grades 9-12. VFW - Voice of Democracy Audio Essay Contest: “America: Where do we go from here?” Deadline October 31, 2021. Grand Prize $30,000. See Mrs. Kellison in the Counseling Center for details and application.
Cats Club Corner
- Ancestry Club - meets every Friday at 2:30 PM - Ms. Mansikka
- ASB Club (associate student body) - meets every Tuesday at 7:00 AM - Ms. Schulle
- Band Club - meets every Friday at 2:35 PM - Mr. Nelson
- Black Student Union - first meeting October 21st - meets twice a month, Thursdays at 2:40 PM - Ms. Gribble and Mr. Olsen
- Choir Club - meets every Tuesday at 2:30 PM - Mr. McCoy
- DECA - meets every other week - Mr. Peterson
- Drama Club - meets Thursdays at 2:40 PM - Ms. Gibson
- Ecology Club - meets Wednesdays at 2:30 PM -Ms. Wethall
- FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) - meets Monday at 2:30 PM room A217 - Ms. Underwood
- Flight Club - meets every Wednesday after school in Mr. Crouch's A166
- Freshmen Class - meets every other Wednesday - Ms. Stuurmans
- GSA Club (Gender & Sexuality Alliance) - meets every other Wednesday at 2:30 PM - Ms. Vaughn and Mr. Olsen
- Interact Club - meets Tuesdays at 3:00 PM - Ms. Hilberdink
- Junior Class - meets every other Wednesday - Ms. Christensen
- Key Club - meets Monday nights at 6:00 PM in SUB (unless otherwise announced) - Ms. Bain
- Legacy Dance Club - meets every Friday at 2:35 PM in A208 - Ms. Champi
- Link Crew - meets every other Thursday at 7:15 AM - Mr. Laiblin and Ms. Stuurmans
- NHS (National Honor Society) - Meets every other Monday at 7:15 AM - Mr. Fisher and Mr. Laiblin
- NJROTC (Naval Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps) - Drill Team meets every Monday and Wednesday at 6:15 AM / Marksmanship Team meets every Tuesday and Thursday at 6:00 AM - Mr. Quidichay and Mr. Thiel
- Orchestra Club - starting November 2nd - meets every Tuesday at 2:35 PM in D220 - Mr. Nelson
- Robotics Club - meets Mondays and Wednesdays at 2:30 PM-5:00 PM | Saturdays 1:00 PM-5:00 PM - Mr. Edoga, Mr. Thayer, and Ms. Carman
- Senior Class - meets every other Wednesday - Mr. Laiblin
- Skills USA - meets every 1st and 3rd Wednesday - Chef Rawlins
- Social Justice Club - meets every Thursday at 2:45 PM - Ms. Christensen
- Sophomore Class - meet every other Wednesday - Ms. Voorhees
- S2S (Student 2 Student) - meet every Thursday at 2:00 PM - Ms. Kellison and Ms. Waller
- The Guild (Art Club) - meets every Wednesday from 2:35 PM-3:30 PM - Mr. Christopherson and Ms. Sexton
- Wildcats4Life - meets every Wednesday at 8:30 AM in Mr. Crouch's room A166