Principal's Corner #19
January 24, 2020
Want to submit something for the Spring Auction? Be sure to complete this form by January 31st for the BUY IT NOW!
COUGAR STAFF SHOUT OUTS
- To our fabulous kitchen staff, Gretchen, Baharak, and Sue and our amazing para-educators for maintaining excellence in our cafeteria. Please see this link to read more about the recent review conducted in CCSD. We did a great job!
- To Alison Berner for working intensely to create a CMAS schedule that meets the needs of our students.
- To Megan McDermott for her collaboration with district leadership. Your willingness to continuously grow and learn is to be commended. Thank you.
- To Lois Vaughan for helping lead our staff through new challenges. We are fortunate to have you here supporting us.
From Katie Johnson
- To Stacey S for pausing your copy job so I could jump in when the other machines were broken!
From Lisa Gelwick
IRLA Professional Goals and Growth
Earlier this year, we set a goal for 80% of our students to have a conference with a teacher within the past 14 days; we achieved that goal! While conferencing with students continues to happen, our utilization of the documentation through IRLA is inconsistent. This will continue to be our focus goal for the 2019-20 school year, and we want to provide support so we can achieve this goal.
We will not have a staff meeting on January 29th. In lieu of this staff meeting, we will have professional development set up during each grade levels planning time on Tuesday, February 4th. The reason we are setting it up this way is so we can really work collaboratively to meet the needs of each grade level team. Please plan to meet with Lois and I during your planning time on Tuesday, February 4th in the collaboration room in life of our staff meeting on January 29th.
School Supply Lists for 2020-21
This is the time of year where we have one foot in 2019-20 and the other in 2020-21. So, as we begin to prepare, we need to create our school supply lists.
Keep the following in mind while creating your school’s list by grade level.
- No more than 48 pencils
- No more than 9 glue sticks
- Never ask for money on the list
- Do not list name brands as a requirement (keep it general i.e. washable markers, sandwich bags etc.)
- Keep the entire list by grade level under $50 (including kits from an outsourced company) - This means that our total will have to be under $50. PTO will not be able to add an additional % for fundraising if it exceeds $50.00.
1st-5th grade level supply list are due to Katie NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, March 13th.
Please use this Google Excel Spreadsheet to submit your 2020-21 Supply List. There is a tab for each grade level at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Please be sure to use your grade levels tab when you create your supply lists.
Please email me if you are interested in attending the PBL institute; see the information below.
- Monday, January 27: Katie and Alison out at Beyond Diversity
- Tuesday, January 28: Katie and Alison out at Beyond Diversity
- Wednesday, January 22: PAC Meeting (Collaboration Room)
- Thursday, January 23: Collaborative Team Day, 1st (AM), 4th (PM)
- Thursday, January 30: Collaborative Team Day, K (AM), 5th (PM)
- Tuesday, February 4: IRLA Professional Development during planning time
- Thursday, February 13: Collaborative Team Day, 2nd (AM), 3rd (PM)
- Thursday, February 20: Collaborative Team Day, 1st (AM), 4th (PM)
- Thursday, February 27: Collaborative Team Day, K (AM), 5th (PM)
- Friday, March 13: 1st-5th Supply Lists due to Katie
- Thursday, April 2: Collaborative Team Day, 2nd (AM), 3rd (PM)
- Thursday, April 9: Collaborative Team Day, 1st (AM), 4th (PM)
- Thursday, April 16: Collaborative Team Day, K (AM), 5th (PM)