Certified Veterinary Assistant
Apply to participate in Butte County ROP's Certified Veterinary Assistant Program
This program provides entry-level skills for people interested in a career as a veterinary assistant, animal caretaker or kennel attendant.
Classroom instruction combines lecture, laboratory and community classroom experiences in the areas of animal behavior, anatomy, nutrition, disease, laboratory work and various hospital tasks.
Students successfully completing the course may earn 6 units toward the Veterinary Technician program at Yuba College and are eligible to sit for the California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) Certified Veterinary Assistant exam.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Suggested prerequisites include science course or related industry experience
- Next application cycle starts January 2019; check back at the CTEC website, https://ctec.bcoe.org/
- Class is a combination of lecture, laboratory and community classroom experiences
- Upcoming class dates and times TBD
- Program Fee: $2,650 (includes registration, classroom materials, study supplies, exam fee)
- Variable Expenses: Up to $340 (includes textbooks and uniform)
- This course is approved for federal financial aid. Please complete the 2018-19 FAFSA application to determine eligibility.
- ROP's school code is 042205.