UBMS Weekly Update
March 18, 2016
2015-2016 THEME: "HAVE THE COURAGE TO SUCCEED!"
This Week's "UB Special" Award!
This week's "UB Special" Award goes to ROXIE MULHOLLAND.
Roxie is highly-motivated, active Senior who has applied to several colleges, has already been accepted to two, and eagerly awaiting notification in April from her top pick! Everybody keep your fingers crossed! She has completed her FAFSA and preparing for solo ensemble the end of April. Roxie looks for opportunities and applies herself eagerly. Most recently she won her prom dress and a photography package after entering a "Pretty for Prom" contest. She is ending her Senior year on lots of high notes, which is so deserving because of her positive outlook on things. She is truly a blessing to others! Please help us in congratulating Roxie as recipient of this week's "UB Special" Award.
Marian University STUDENT LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE - April 2nd
UBMS students have LOVED this conference in the past! This year's keynote speaker is Jess Ekstrom - http://www.campuspeak.com/speaker/ekstrom/
Jess' keynote will be “Leadership: Millennial Style!” and breakout session “Headbands of Hope: How One College Student Refused to Wait to Make a Difference”.
The format will be the same as last year:
Morning Session at 11:00.
Lunch at 12:00
Afternoon Session at 1:00 session.
Closing at 2:15
There is no cost to our students for this conference and includes lunch.
"Me First" $cholarship$
ACT Prep Opportunities
UW FDL - May 7 - May 21:
UW Oshkosh - April 16 - May 21
See How TRIO is Working in Wisconsin!!
We are proud to have our own 2015 UBMS grad, Elaina Neas, featured on page 17!
We give thanks to our leader - Garry Moise - for attending the Policy Seminar in Washington D.C. with other TRIO reps from across the nation next week to encourage our legislatures to support TRIO! #TRIOworks
2nd Annual Men of Excellence Conference - June 2-4, 2016 - Northern Illinois University
This conference, inspired by President Obama's My Brother's Keeper Initiative, is targeted to young men from pre-college and collegiate programs. Attendees will work with TRIO/Higher Education professionals on personal and college planning along with life skill development.
Marian UBMS will cover the cost of this conference, meals, materials and lodging. Chris will be chaperoning.
Programming - Required and Non-Required...
- 4/5: Academic Symposium at Marian University Stayer Center, 6:30 p.m. Students and families are highly encouraged to hear the powerful message from guest speaker Marcus Gentry and return the next day for amazing workshops.
- 4/6: Academic Symposium day long workshops, Stayer Center.
- 4/26: Money Smart Week program - "Savings Matters" Schedule: 4:00 - 5:00 Juniors and Seniors only; 5:00 - 5:30 Social with food and refreshments; 5:30 - 6:30 Sophomore and Freshmen only. Required for all students.
- 5/6: College Tour of the University of Chicago. Let Tracy know if you are interested, if you haven't already.
- 5/25: Career Panel in Stayer Dining Room, 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. Required for all students.
FDL Works Education Decoder
FDL Works is an excellent website that you will ALL want to become familiar with - you can even post and FIND JOBS HERE.
Past Weekly Updates