IS IT RIGHT?
THE BEAUTY OF IT
- No educational opportunity
- Lack of voting rights
- No say in political or world issues
- Careers were limited to teaching and writing
- Men had superior wages
- Husbands made decision for them
- Oppressed by men's beliefs that derived from religion
- Lack of owning property
- Involved in other movements, but still had limited power
- More political and religious power
- Equal wages as men
- Education privaleges
- The right to custody of their children after divorce
- Right to divorce under any circumstance
- The use of newspapers, such as Alliance, to voice opinions
- Akron's Woman's Rights Convention
- The first female college, Hartford Female seminary
- Seneca Falls convention
- Petitioning for the right to reform
SUSAN B. ANTHONY
Susan Anthony campaigned against slavery and for the promotion of women’s and workers rights. She began campaigning within the temperance movement and this made her realize of the necessity for women to have the vote. She toured the US giving countless speeches on the subjects of human rights. Along with Elizabeth Cady Stanton, she wrote the Declaration of Sentiments.
SENECA FALLS CONVENTION
WHY PROGRESS WITH THIS MOVEMENT?
- A country cannot claim to be free, but limit a gender of it.
- Innovators will grow this country, women should also be educated incase they want to innovate.
- It is the most ethical thing to do, we're human and should have the same rights amongst eachother.
Look For Us
- A brand new informing youtube channel.
- Pages on both twitter and facebook where we will announce the latest news about this movement.
- Our website at www.womensrights.org where you can find a lot more information as to what our movement is about, and events going on around you.