FAC Weekly Update
September 11, 2020
Good morning, Fine Arts Center Family!
The first week of Attendance Plan 2 was fantastic - it was great to see our studios with more students, and we are starting to get back to a feeling of normalcy. Thank you for your continued support on the home-front!
Here is the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
Schedule for Week Four
Week of September 14, 2020
- Monday, September 14 - Blue and Green Groups (Monday/Wednesday, A-D and L-Q)
- Tuesday, September 15 - Red and Purple Groups (Tuesday/Thursday, E-K and R-Z)
- Wednesday, September 16 - Blue and Green Groups (Monday/Wednesday, A-D and L-Q)
- Thursday, September 17 - Red and Purple Groups (Tuesday/Thursday, E-K and R-Z)
- Friday, September 18 - All Students eLearning
This Monday Night - September 14
Join us on Monday, September 14 at 7 pm for an In (Virtual) Conversation with Dr. Geffrey Davis featuring his latest collection of poetry, Night Angler. Published in 2019, this award-winning collection reads as an evolving love letter and meditation on what it means to raise an American family. With a deep sense of gratitude and wonder, Davis delivers a heart-strong prayer that longs for home, for safety for black lives, and for the messy success of breaking through the trauma of growing up during the crack epidemic to create a new model of fatherhood.
Dr. Davis will read excerpts and answer questions. Sarah Blackman, Director of Creative Writing at the Fine Arts Center, will moderate.
The event is free, but registration is required.
Register at the following website - https://mjudsonbooks.com/events/virtual-in-conversation-with-poet-dr-geffrey-davis/
NACAC College Fair
Note - the FAC is working on planning an Arts College Fair, with the intent on starting sometime in October. Stay tuned for more information!
College Financial Aid Workshops
Are You a Follower?
Many of our teaching studios have their own Instagram account as well, so follow us and you can easily find those pages through our account.
Building Hours - Attendance Plans 1 and 2
8:00 a.m. Classes
Building access at 7:45 a.m.
9:15 a.m. Classes
Building access at 8:30 a.m.
1:30 p.m. Classes
Building access at 1:15 p.m.
- Should these restrictions result in a hardship to your family relative to the parent’s ability to get to work on time, please call our Main Office. Before doing so, we respectfully request that you attempt to work out a resolution with your workplace. If no compromise can be found, we can accept a very limited number of students before the above building access times.
- If you have not done so, please read the emails and letters that I sent home. Many students who arrived at the wrong time, either in the morning or afternoon, had received my emails but had not read them. Students are sent the emails and therefore should get in the habit of staying informed.
- Students who attend the FAC in the afternoon and go to Wade Hampton in the morning need to stay at Wade Hampton until 1:15 p.m. Dr. Grant has space for these students to sit, socially distanced, and work on homework. We do not have such a space at the FAC.
- Studio Time is not available to students while we are under social distancing restrictions.
As always, please call or email with any questions!
STEPS TO RETURN TO SCHOOL IF EXPOSED to/SYMPTOMATIC With COVID
Fine Arts Center - Greenville County Schools
Preparing dedicated students for 21st-century careers through rigorous, pre-professional arts training in a dynamic, inclusive, collaborative learning community.