Pershing K-8 Library Loop
Thanks again to everyone who helped!
Kromebus & Bookmarks
Win Lunch in the Library
Middle School Battle of the Books Team
- J. Moorhead
- C. Cline
- A. Mahoney
- F. Russell
- B. Whisenhunt
Our middle school team will compete against all of the other district middle schools in a trivia bowl, with questions coming from the Truman Readers Award nominee list. The battle occurs in March at Glendale High School, barring a virus surge, in which case we will battle online from Pershing Library.
Elementary Battle of the Books Team
- Unsung Hero of Birdsong, USA by Brenda Woods
- Pay Attention, Carter Jones by Gary Schmidt
- The Memory Keeper by Jennifer Camiccia
- New Kid by Jerry Craft
- Shine! by JJ and Chris Grabenstein
- Shouting at the Rain by Linda Mullaly Hunt
- Song for a Whale by Lynne Kelly
- Bernice Buttman, Model Citizen by Niki Lenz
- The Bridge Home by Pandma Ventkatraman
- White Bird: A Wonder Story by R.J. Palacio
- Charlie Thorne & the Last Equation by Stuart Gibbs
- Me and Sam-Sam Handle the Apocalypse by Susan Vaught
We are allowed to have a team of up to six students. If needed, we will have a try-out quiz near the end of January to determine our final group. Elementary teams battle online from their home sites in the spring.
What's the Big Idea?
- Mondays at noon -- Ms. Frazier's Kindergarten class
- Tuesdays at 3:30 -- Ms. Steineke's K/1 class
- Thursdays at 10:30 -- Ms. Miller's 1st grade class
Our focus this month will be noticing what is the same and different between stories.
Students in grades 2-3 will be doing author and illustrator studies, and comparing and contrasting their styles.
Students in grades 4-5 will be working on a Little Red Hen research project, where they will be looking closely at one of the ingredients in a favorite dish and writing a Little Red Hen-style story about it.
Middle School students will be getting book talks and seeing various ways to present information.