Osceola Science Charter School- March 1st, 2019
FSA Testing Dates (updated)
NO early release on Wednesdays! Due to FSA testing.
May 8, 2019
May 15, 2019
May 22, 2019
Students will be dismissed at 2:50 PM on these Wednesdays. If students have clubs on Wednesdays, they will be dismissed at 3:30 PM.
UPCOMING FIELD TRIPS
- Kinder is going to Epcot
- 2nd grade is going to Sea World
- 3rd: 1st Grade is going to Legoland
- 24th: 3rd Grade is going to Magic Kingdom
- 14th: 5th Grade is going to Universal Studios
Monday, March 11th, 6pm
2880 North Orange Blossom Trail
SPRING BREAK 2019- MARCH 18TH-22ND
INTERNATIONAL NIGHT- MARCH 28, 2019
Thursday, March 28th, 6-8pm
2880 North Orange Blossom Trail
OSCS SPRING BOOK FAIR
WHEN: March 1st-8th
Reading for pleasure inside and outside of school has real and long-lasting benefits. It unlocks the power of information and imagination and helps children discover who they are. Please make plans to come to our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child's reading habits.
Remember, all purchases benefit our school.
We are looking for volunteers. Volunteers are needed daily. We appreciate and thank you for willingness to help us have a successful book fair.
MATH KANGAROO CONTEST
OSCS FUNDRAISING PROGRAM
Join our team and support our students by helping us raise fund through donations. The funds collected will support annual operating expenses and classroom support through Teachers, Training, and Technology.
OSCS PARENT VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATION
Families, we welcome your help at the most hectic times of the day, dismissal. Having plenty of volunteers ensures that we have a safe and swift transition time. If you are interested in volunteering please sign up using the link below.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. SEUSS
DR. SEUSS DOOR DECORATING CONTEST!
GREEN EGGS & HAM TUESDAY
The 500 Hats
Science Olympiad Reminder
LEGO LIONS AT LEGOLAND
Team: FIRST LEGO League Jr. Team #12423 "Lego Lions"
OSCS team students: Julien Wong, Aiden Nunez, Ameer Edaqqaq and Sebastian Urena (3rd grade Ms. Gilliland's class)
Event: LEGOLAND Expo at LEGOLAND Florida
Challenge: Mission Moon - Design and build a Moon Base. Show your ideas for how to solve one or more problems on how to survive on the moon (LEGO Lions worked on how to get energy and transportation on the moon) . Making sure to utilize LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0 to build and code at least one motorized part of your Moon Base.
Award: LEGO Lions won the Sold-As-A-Rock Model Design award for the third year in a row - Built to last! This team's understanding and application of construction knowledge allowed them to produce a very sturdy model.
What's next for the LEGO Lions: The LEGO Lions FIRST LEGO League Jr. Robotics team will be participating in the FIRST Orlando Regionals at UCF on March 16th, and will be competing in the FIRST World Festival Championship in Houston, TX on April 17-20th.
PROPOSED NEW STANDARDS REVISION PLAN
A summary of the revised instructional materials adoption timeline is as follows:
· While the standards review takes place, current contracts for Mathematics and ELA materials will be extended. The Mathematics adoption is suspended, and the ELA adoption is postponed, until the standards review is complete.
· By April 2019, the department will issue a call for bids for World Languages K-12 and Career and Technical Education 6-12 to be in place for 2020-2021 school year.
· By April 2020, the department will issue a call for bids for ELA K-12 to be in place for the 2021-2022 school year.
· By April 2021, the department will issue a call for bids for Mathematics K-12 to be in place for the 2022-2023 school year.
· By April 2022, the department expects to issue the Social Studies K-12 call for bids.
· By April 2023, the department expects to issue the Science K-12 call for bids.
JUAN REVELLES AND OSCS WIN THE SMILE MILE
Dear OSCS PARENTS,
Osceola Science Charter School won the Coach Sly Johnson Participation Award for the school from Osceola County with most kids registered.
Please join us for the check presentation at approximately 9:20 AM near the awards area. Gather as many kids, parents, and coaches from your school to take a photo with the presentation check!