Malnutrition kills 3.1 million children under the age of 5 each year. Over 840 million people suffer from hunger today. Today over half of the worlds population is affected by malnutrition and currently one in every eight people do not eat enough food to lead an active life.
At least 80% of humanity lives on $10 or less per day. 22,000 children die each day due to poverty. 27-28 percent of children in developing countries are underweight or stunted.
World Hunger - UNICEF
The drought induced the run up in corn prices which is a reminder that we’re nowhere near solving the problem of feeding the world. The price surge, the third major international food price spike in the last five years which casts more doubt on the assumption that widespread economic development leads to corresponding gains in agriculture.
- 1.5 million children die per year from hunger.
- 33% of the world is considered to be starving.
- 800 million people suffer from malnutrition.
- 20,864 people died from hunger today.
- 11% of US homes are at risk for hunger.