Creating a Placement Record
What is a placement record?
When do you need a placement record?
If a student(s) HAS attended a GCCISD school in the past, but not last school year a placement record needs to be created in order for the parent/gaurdin to register the student. When a parent/guardian attempts to log into Parent Portal to register a student, the student will not appear without a Placement Record.
If you do not see the student in Maintain Student Placement: Complete the following steps first.
Might need to be completed before creating a Placement Record.
1. Go to Student Management in TEAMS
2. Click Enroll/Transfer
3. Enter the student’s Local ID number
4. Click on the student/Select and Enroll
5. Enter the campus where the student is wanting to enroll
6. Click OK, but DO NOT COMPLETE ENROLLMENT
How do you create a placement record?
- Go to Student Management in TEAMS
- Click Maintain Student Placement
- Populate the fields accordingly, using next year as the Begin Year.
- Select Placement Request Reason: Online Registration
- Select Placement Status: Approved
- Select Placement Status Date: current date and time
- Leave Annual Review set to No
- Click Add
- Contact the parent and inform them to log out of Online Registration to refresh their account.
- Have the parent log in and register the new student.