CCES Parent Newsletter
For the week of: April 10th
When we return from Spring Break, it will be the second week of April. We will be in the home stretch of the 2022-2023 school year.
We have spring pictures the week we return from break and our ABD Count down begins the week after that.
The end of the year is always a lot of at the Elementary School!
I hope all of you have an enjoyable Spring Break.
See everyone Tuesday, May 11th.
Monday, April 10th
- No School
Tuesday, April 11th
- D Day
Wednesday, April 12th
- E Day
- Spring Pictures
Thursday, April 13th
- A Day
Friday, April 14th
- B Day
- Coaler Spirit Day
- Spring Break: Saturday, April 1st- Monday, April 10th (return on Tuesday 4/11)
- Spring Pictures: Wednesday, April 12th
- 11:45 Dismissal: Wednesday, April 26th
- 2nd Grade Concert: Thursday, April 27th
- 3rd Grade Fieldtrip: Tuesday, May 2nd
- 3rd Grade Concert: Tuesday, May 2nd
- 2nd Grade Fieldtrip: Thursday, May 4th (Bormet, Skubic/Smolik, Vironda) & Friday, May 5th (Friddle, Forkal, Hanley)
- 11:45 Dismissal: Wednesday, May 10th
~Birthday invitations should only be passed out at school as long as every student in the class (or all the boys/or all the girls) are invited
~Please remember to continue to move forward in the pick up line at the end of the day. It helps to move cars along. Again, thank you for your help with this.
~Please contact the office: 815/634-2334 if your child is going to be absent from school
~Please escort your student(s) to the front door and sign them in if they arrive after 8:10 AM
~Students can bring water bottles to use throughout the day, including lunchtime
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
SCHOOL BEGINS AT 8:10 (DOORS OPEN AT 7:55)
- Remember W. Second Street is a one way street going east.
Drop off and pickup will be on the south side of the building on W. Second Street. For the safety of all of the children that are being dropped off and picked up, please pull into the no parking zone (parallel to the road) and let your child exit the vehicle. We ask that you then exit the spot and pull forward onto the street again. Parents should not be exiting their vehicle this year, as it will be a continuous drop and go lane.
- Pickup will also be along W. Second Street. It will be a pick up and go as well. There will be no parking, so the first several cars will be pulling into the no parking zone and waiting until dismissal. We ask that the cars fill in and pull all the way up to the parking lot. From there, cars will fill in as cars leave. Teachers will be out with their classrooms making sure that students are getting into their parents vehicle in a safe manner.
When Do I Need To Keep My Child Home From School?
- Fever - 100.4 or higher
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Muscle Aches
- Sore Throat
- Runny nose/Congestion
- Loss of taste and/or smell
- Shortness of breath
Your child needs to remain home until they are fever, vomiting and/or diarrhea free for 24 hours.
*Please remember to call the school and report your child's absence(s) at 815-634-2334
The Coal City Backpack Program, a non-for-profit organization, is pleased to offer a food Backpack Program to area students in need. The Backpack Program will drop off a specific number of bags of food to the school, which will then be distributed once a week to children enrolled in the program. The bags will contain a variety of nutritious, non-perishable food items such as macaroni and cheese, fruit cups, granola bars, raisins, juice boxes, crackers, oatmeal, and applesauce. The bags may include products containing peanuts, wheat, milk, or other common food allergens. It is your responsibility to ensure the items are appropriate for your child to consume. The food will be in nondescript plastic bags, which can then be put in your child’s backpack. The Backpack Program is voluntary and is offered at no cost to participants. We request that you complete the online form below as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact our school counselor, Cristina Schultz, at 815-634-2334 ext. 4004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the link for the Backpack Program Letter:
Coal City Elementary School
Location: 300 North Broadway Street, Coal City, IL, USA
Phone: (815) 634-2334