Virtual S.T.E.A.M. Day
Fairmont Charter Elementary School
Friday, May 29, 2020
While we can't host S.T.E.A.M. Day in person this year, we can still celebrate!
Enjoy the videos below and take some of our Virtual S.T.E.A.M. Day Challenges! If you do, please share photos and videos with us. We would love to see your creativity and problem solving in action. Feel fee to tag us on social media using @FairmontCharter and #FalconsSoarTogether.
TK & K: Solo Cup Shooter Challenge
Materials needed: cups, balloons, and marshmallows
1st grade: Color & Dancing Stick Figure Challenges
Materials needed for Color Challenge: clear cups, paper towels, food coloring, and water
Materials needed for Dancing Stick Figure Challenge: glass dish, dry erase marker, and water
2nd grade: Vinegar Egg Challenge
Materials needed: egg, cup, and vinegar
3rd grade: Marble Run Challenge
Materials needed: paper, tape, and marbles
4th grade: Rocket Science Challenge
Materials needed: plastic bottle, baking soda, vinegar,
3 pencils/straws/wooden sticks (for launch pad), tape, paper towel (optional), and cork*
* If you don’t have a cork the video shows how to make a substitute!
5th grade: Rainbow in a Cup Challenge
Materials needed: water, oil, food coloring (any colors), 16 oz. clear glass,
another clear glass, and a fork
For more fun exploring density, check out this video below! Materials needed: 5 cups (any kind), hot water and container, 1 clear glass, dropper/straw, tablespoon, and skittles!
6th Grade: Egg Drop Challenge
Materials needed: raw egg, any materials around the house to build your “nest” to protect your egg from the fall, art materials to decorate your “nest”, and parent permission to safely drop or smash your egg!
For some cool examples, check out the video below!
- Monday, June 1: TK Memory Book Pick-up from 10am - 12pm
- Tuesday, June 2: Drive Thru Retirement from 5pm - 6pm to honor Mrs. Swesey and Mrs. Parker for their 46 years of combined service in education!
- Wednesday, June 3: Drive Thru Promotion from 6pm - 7pm to honor our 6th grade students!
- Thursday, June 4: Drive Thru Wave Thru from 11:30am - 12:30pm to wave goodbye to each other!
Please stay in your cars and stagger arrival times.