2nd Grade Weekly Newsletter
Friday, January 15, 2016
What's happening in 2nd Grade?
This link will take you to our 2nd Grade Sign Up Genius for Hound Mart. On the Sign Up Genius all Hound Mart dates have been added for the remainder of the school year. Although not required there are 2 available spots for each Hound Mart!
If you are able please send your child with 5 landscaped 4x6 pictures for them to include in their autobiography. The categories of the pictures are Cover Photo, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, This Year, Other Memory.
Please send with your child ASAP!
P.S. We got Honorable Mention!!!!!!!!! =)
1-Liter Bottles Needed
We received 2 but are in need of 10 more.
What's happening at Hedgcoxe?
Items that are needed:
- Winter Coats
- Healthy Snacks
Hedgcoxe's goal is to collect 100 of each item, for a total of 400 donations! If the school is able to meet their goal, every grade level will earn BONUS RECESS!
Yearbooks are now on sale! The Early Bird Special is currently running and yearbooks are $25.00 until February 19th! After February 19th the price will increase to $30.00. Yearbook Order Forms were sent home last week, please be sure to make all checks payable to Hedgcoxe Elementary. NEW THIS YEAR: The deadline to order yearbooks online is April 8th. If we are not sold out, yearbooks will be available for purchase after that date by check or cash only. Yearbooks are already selling so don’t wait, get yours today!
To order online please go to ybpay.lifetouch.com
January Box Top Contest
Hedgcoxe is holding a contest to see whose class can bring in the most Box Tops and Labels for Education. Box Tops and Labels for Education are a great way to support our school. A few important points for you and your student:
- Contest is January 24-29th.
- Don't forget to ask your friends, neighbors, grandparents and family to see if they have Box Tops of Labels for Education to give to the school. Remind them that each Box Top is worth 10 cents for the school.
- A hot chocolate party will be given to the class in each grade level who brings in the most Box Tops or Labels for Education.
- You may use collection sheets, baggies or envelopes to send in your Box Tops or Labels for Education. A collection sheet is attached or a link to a website is below. Please just send them in any way you are able! Label them with your teacher's name!
- The last day to submit your Box Tops or Labels for Education to be counted is Friday January 29th.
Box Tops is such an easy way to help out our school. Every little bit helps! And, Hedgcoxe appreciates your support!
Box Top for Education Coordinator
Hedgcoxe Elementary PTA
This week's patten is OW & OU
Monday, January 18th: NO SCHOOL in observance of MLK JR Day
Tuesday, January 19th: Lunch with parents @ 11:45
Wednesday, January 20th: Wednesday Art CLub Begins
Thursday, January 21st: Parenting Class: Raising Kids with Character; Thursday Art CLub Begins
Friday, January 22nd: Hound Mart
Monday, January 25th: Chess Club Starts
Tuesday, January 26th: Spring & Class Picture Day
Friday, January 29th: BOX TOPS DUE!